Baby Sulcata Questions

Ljpballer

Location (City and/or State)
West India
i recently bought a baby Sulcata and he looks and acts healthy but his shell almost feels a bit soft is this normal with babies?

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
It is normal, but shouldn’t be too soft/squishy. It should feel like a Tupperware lid.

Could you show us some pictures? I’d love to see your enclosure for him.

Ljpballer

West India
It is normal, but shouldn’t be too soft/squishy. It should feel like a Tupperware lid.

Could you show us some pictures? I’d love to see your enclosure for him.
Okay then he is fine I was just worried because people are always talking about soft shells....I just wanted to be sure

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Okay then he is fine I was just worried because people are always talking about soft shells....I just wanted to be sure
Make sure he is getting a pinch of calcium twice a week and getting some UV exposure. About an hour a day, twice a week will keep you from needed a UVB fixture.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Do you have any pics of your tort and enclosure? Maybe we can give you some ideas.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to the site! If you are already experienced with turtles/tortoises, then I guess you feel confident to say that he is "fine", and you know that there are no other issues, otherwise you would surely benefit, and your tortoise would benefit, from posting some pictures and describing your setup for him. If anything might be wrong, there are some really good experts here who would be very happy to be able to advise you.