Baby sulcata scratch eyes

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Your right. This is done with chickens as well.. I have incubated those before but my success rate with temperature sexing wasn’t that great.. I have not been able to get any answers on my babies past. There were many questions that I did not know to ask before joining here and now the guy won’t answer my calls or texts:-(

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Absolutely!! I started a thread a couple months ago titled Pickles and Crusher so I could monitor their growth.. I’m glad to have you to use as a comparison! I’m always worried something is wrong.. lol
Wow that is not a good customer service...I can’t find your thread. Is it shell saver experiment?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
It seems to me that something is definitely irritating her eyes, it may be in the water? Is it chlorinated? Tap water? Soap?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I dunno , to me this all seems normal. A swipe to the right and left, nothing frantic or erratic. I swear, our guy did this too when soaked...still does when i spray water overtop on a hot day. I think if it was something irritating, that this lil guy wouldnt stop swiping, it would be left right swipe, left right swipe.

I still say normal activity....

Reptilony

QC, CAN
It seems to me that something is definitely irritating her eyes, it may be in the water? Is it chlorinated? Tap water? Soap?
No the bowl is only used for her and I don't wash it with soap. The water is tap water no chlorine all natural.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
I dunno , to me this all seems normal. A swipe to the right and left, nothing frantic or erratic. I swear, our guy did this too when soaked...still does when i spray water overtop on a hot day. I think if it was something irritating, that this lil guy wouldnt stop swiping, it would be left right swipe, left right swipe.

I still say normal activity....
Always good to hear other babies does that too...

MizzyMaree

Davao City, Philippines
Please watch this video...

Hello! We just got a baby sulcata and she does this too. She even does it when she isn't in her bath and just baskingin her spot.

We use reptibark as a substrate. Humidity always 80+ with soaks everyday, sometimes twice a day.

How is your sulcata doing now?

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Hello! We just got a baby sulcata and she does this too. She even does it when she isn't in her bath and just baskingin her spot.

We use reptibark as a substrate. Humidity always 80+ with soaks everyday, sometimes twice a day.

How is your sulcata doing now?
She is doing good at almost 8 lbs now. She still does it when I soak her but I no longer see this as a problem I believe it’s just a way of cleaning her face and...it does cleans her face. If yours does it repeatedly not while soaking I would question your lighting setup or other irritants.