Baby sulcata sick???

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiburke

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
My baby is getting a dark spot on top of his nose is this normal? It's like a brown color and not the same as his normal turtle color and he squeaks is he sick? His shell is hard and looks good he eats a lot and walks and I soak him n spray him but I dot know why he has a spot on his head and why he looks so dry when I spray him daily

Attachments

• image-606323140.png
    image-606323140.png
    214.4 KB · Views: 44

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What are your temps, high, low, basking, all over and what is your humidity? Give us as much info about his housing and care as you can. Helps us to better help you.

samiburke

5 Year Member
Florida
His temp stays at a good 85 and he's got a UVB bulb and heat bulb all the time at one end of his tank I wet the mulch in the mornings to keep it moist because he didn't go into the humidity hide when I put it in there. He acts normal but he just doesn't look good to me. His shell is hard and he eats A LOT. I soak him twice a day for half hour and spray him multiple times here is a better pic. Omg is he gonna live???

Attachments

• image-61563703.png
    image-61563703.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image-996690539.png
    image-996690539.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 48

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Calm down and breath. I am not experience like others. However, from what I have learned on here, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Keep an eye on him, just incase something changes. Do not let his temps get below 85 with the higher good humidity. If anything else changes, let us know. For now I think things are okay, and he is looking great. Can you get him outside when temps are 80 or above? The natural sun is always better. Hang on and see what others have to say. For now, relax and breath:D

samiburke

5 Year Member
Florida
Well I live in Florida and I try to have him out but it gets about 95 here and I'm worried he will over heat and lately it's been raining everyday so I've had to leave him in his tank with the UVB bulb. Is the squeaking normal??? At first I thought it was my cat but it's him are torts supposed to squeak??? But thanks I can relax for now

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When it is not raining and you have those warm temps, he should be outside. Put him where he has 1/2 sun and 1/2 shade and give him a place, hide, plant to get under to get out of the sun. The uv from sun is the best for him and they can get it even in the shade. Some torts do make a clicking noise sometimes. Just make sure something isn't stuck in his mouth.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
My guy squeaks when I scare him or touch him when he's not ready. Ducking his head in

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
watch for bubbles coming out of his nose, if it happens when he's soaking or drinking it's fine, but if he's just walking around keep an eye out for that. He does look good, but maybe you're right about being a little dry, get a bottle of vitamin E oil if you can and take a dab of it and brush it on during a soak with a soft toothbrush.

Status
Not open for further replies.