Baby sulcata skin changed color

Nsdkcp

Location (City and/or State)
SAN DIEGO
Hello. I hope I am posting in correct location. I have had Beek, my baby sulcata for just over a month now. When I got her her skin was much lighter. It has turned a orange brown color. She is in eco earth substrate now, so I am not sure if it's from that. Could this be from over exposure? I bought her from a reptile show, from a man who had her in Timothy hay for bedding. I've since read that was my first mistake. Regardless, I have fallen in love with this little creature. I want nothing more then for her to be healthy. Her home is now 6ft x 22" enclosure. She gets regular soaks and her made diet is grass and clover, also gets squash leaves, pumpkin leaves, mustard greens, turnip greens and bibb and oak leaf lettuce. I grow all items for her. Any help would be great. Thanks!20190726_085315.jpg 20190823_181716.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's just stained from the substrate (one of the reasons I don't like that type substrate). You can soak the tortoise daily for about 20 minutes and hopefully he will clean up.