Baby Sulcata SQUEAKING!

leopard777

5 Year Member
mostly romaine lettuce and spring time mix lettuce and zoo med natural grassland tort food but he doesnt like the grassland stuff much :/ do you have any recomondations? i heard alfalfa is good if i grow it

Alfalfa is high on protein, you might want to grow Timothy hay, have you added the water dish?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Wow. 9 pages of this...

Please go back to page one, post number six, and click those links. Every question you have asked and every explanation of what equipment to use or not use, and how to use it is right there in those links. There is also a link for what and how to feed them. Romaine lettuce is not mentioned any where in there. Do you know how how to click and use the links? Is that the issue? Toward the bottom of that post are some words and numbers that are highlighted in green. When you slide your cursor over them they will highlight and you simply have to click to open the threads that have the info you need to keep this baby alive. One a phone or tablet, you just touch the highlighted green links. Its really easy and will only take a few minutes to read.

Babies are easy to keep if you set them up right, but hey have a very small margin of error if set up incorrectly. A few dry days, or a few cold nights is enough to seal their fate. Your baby does not have time for you to figure this stuff out. Read the info, get the correct heating and lighting equipment, get your temps where they need to be, or you are going to be responsible for killing two baby tortoises.

Excessive yawning is not "cute". It is a sign of a respiratory infection. These are typically caused by temps that are too low, especially at night.

PLEASE READ THOSE THREADS! Preferably before another baby dies.

Delilah1623

There are very knowledgeable and experienced people here telling you exactly what to do. Do these things. I am not trying to be rude but you have been given plenty of advice and direction on how to save this baby and it is unclear if you have taken any of it. Your way is not working. Please listen to the experienced people and try it their way before it is too late.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Besides a vet visit, the main best way to help your tortoise is warmth. Lnock the temps up about 5 degrees or so, if you don't or can't take to a vet, that will be the best ay to help. Keep an eye out for open mouth breathing, loss of appetite, lethargy, if those pop up, it is prob. getting worse, then a vet visit will be required.

high desert California
thanks for not giving me rude comments, I have been listening to everything, but i can not afford the vet visit right now, so im trying my hardest to prevent any sickness. so i need to stop humidity?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You don't need to stop the humidity, it might help. Just so you know if it is an RI, the loonger you take to treat it, the harder and more exspensive it becomes, I am not hounding you, just spreading some info.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Wow...you have been going round and round huh? LOL....where in the high desert do you live? I live in Apple Valley...