baby sulcata tortoise diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevguam

5 Year Member
Ok I know there's tons of these already I'm a newbie I have a baby sulcata, I just got it I was wondering right now I have it in Timothy hay substrate and piles of it to munch on, I have a dish of organic wheatgrass that's live and growing in it's table they I have dandelion greens that I feed it and I have watercrest alive I'm thinking of growing in its table.to but idk yet. Do u guys think this is a ok diet for now I have ordered the seeds from the sulcata food store but will take a little to grow

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
go get some Spring Mix salad in a bag... that is a great start.. then start reading... and asking questions..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Laura said:
go get some Spring Mix salad in a bag... that is a great start.. then start reading... and asking questions..

Ditto!:D

kevguam

5 Year Member
Is there any specific spring mix I should look for or any organic one.would do?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
They are all pretty much the same thing. I like to pick the one which seems to have the best variety of greens.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Do you live on Guam, or are you from there?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I think that you're going to have a harder time finding something that they WON'T eat! ;) Follow the link that you were given, and you can't go wrong! Good luck!! :)

kevguam

5 Year Member
Ok I started my sully ok.spring mix I.feed him a few leafs in the morning and.evening. I've noticed though his poop has became watery Ive just started to put him out side and let him graze on weeds etc at my gfs house since they don't spray should I worry about it or wait awhile and see since I'm.now.letting him.graze on weeds etc oh and I've been.soaking him 2 to 3 times a day plus his water bowl etc

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
change of diet and/or parasites can cause loose stools.
make sure wherever you place him outside, its secure and safe
from predators (dogs-cats- large birds- )and he cant wander off.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi kevguam:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

kevguam

5 Year Member
Ya sorry ment to introduce myself I'm Kevin from San Diego CA I've had my sully for about 2 weeks now his stool has just became watery since I started with the spring mix, I just decided to let him graze recently be aide of the loose stool I've read in a few places that green can cause Thia problem but just wanted ur guys upion since I'm a newbie etc I have a few trays of sully food seed growing but has sprouted fuully yet hopefully by This week end I will keep him on sully food seed diet

M

Maggie Cummings

You are soaking him too much. Once a day is enough. I would cut up some of that hay and lightly sprinkle some over the Spring Mix. You'll want to add some dark greens to the Spring Mix too. Some collards, endive, cactus. Add different stuff to make the Spring mix more healthy. Radicchio is another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.