Baby Sulcata Tortoise temperature at night

Awakened Alex

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I live in San Diego, California and received my baby sulcata tortoise through the mail yesterday. He is about a month old.
I have a question. I leave the baby sulcata outside all during the day, enclosure half in the sun and half in the shade. Is it ok when it gets dark and colder I bring him inside my house till the morning without any heat lamps while my house is at a temperature of 72-75 F since he already got a lot of sunlight and heat during the day?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He should be housed inside in a closed chamber high humidity 80% enclosure with temps no lower then 80 day and night. Basking temp 95-100.
Please read Tom's Tom's caresheets in the sulcata section asap.
You can let him outside for 1/2 hour a day and be very careful it can get into the shade and has water always. You need to change things and follow the caresheets.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I live in San Diego, California and received my baby sulcata tortoise through the mail yesterday. He is about a month old.
I have a question. I leave the baby sulcata outside all during the day, enclosure half in the sun and half in the shade. Is it ok when it gets dark and colder I bring him inside my house till the morning without any heat lamps while my house is at a temperature of 72-75 F since he already got a lot of sunlight and heat during the day?
That is not a good way to raise them. Your baby is not likely to survive that way. 72 is too cold at night, and outside all day is not good for babies. They need warm humid, monsoon-like conditions to thrive.

Read this: