Baby sulcata wet nose

BuBbleBu

I got 3 sulcata living together and only 2 of them getting wet nose some time mouth gap but only when i pick them up , sometimes small bubbles comes up , is been 5 days already but no more bubbles only wet nose now . i dont know if it will spread out all 3 . But sometimes i dont see anything wet or runny at all . I kept them always warm but the first 3 days i got them my CHE was broken and temp go down 70s that 3 days plus raining . Dont they catch a cold ? Or they have RI problems ? I got them from the same pet store and they look fine there , but only got wet nose when i got them home . I see they kept baby tors in very hot and dry tank , when go to home i put them in very humid box and they seems to digging it so much . Was afraid that dirt in eyes but they seems fine .

. Overall temp always 80s and hotspot 110s and warm side 90-100s cool side 70-80s with humid hide . I use moisture coco coir earth for bedding so humidity always 80-90% . They are still eating and pooping very well . I soaked them 30 mins a day . I put them outside , i dont house them indoor . I have one ChE on the hot side and natural sunlight always . Whats wrong with my tors or they are normal . Also sometimes i see they eat some coco coir and earth here and there , will they digest it properly or i need to change substrate ? I keep some mat over so they dont pull all the coir and dirt to the food dish but they always bring some into their food dish.

Do they need like actual sun ray / sun beam or just the white light from the sky is enough uvb ?

Im located in Việt Nam! And hard to fine exotic vet for tortoise here .

Sorry if you cant understand and my english sucks .

Thanks alot for all your help .

Attachments

• 91914EDE-E263-4EFB-B93A-AB06EA6CB55E.jpeg
    91914EDE-E263-4EFB-B93A-AB06EA6CB55E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 3428FB26-7FC4-4551-A8D6-635FB2E6A74A.jpeg
    3428FB26-7FC4-4551-A8D6-635FB2E6A74A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 808272D2-6FD4-4A68-8B5F-184C7345030B.jpeg
    808272D2-6FD4-4A68-8B5F-184C7345030B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
"Sorry if you cant understand and my english sucks . "

Your English is very good.
Follow the guidelines in the link that @Tom have you and things will improve. Advice here is great.
Good luck with your little ones.

BuBbleBu

So all i need to do is adujst the enviroment ? No need any medicine ? Thanks alot

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So all i need to do is adujst the enviroment ? No need any medicine ? Thanks alot
Maybe. No way for us to diagnose over the internet.

They don't catch a "cold" like a human. If they get sick there is a reason. Usually the reason is because it is too cold and damp. Warming up the temperature can often correct the problem if caught early. I would get them indoor in a closed chamber with either a CHE or a radiant heat panel set on a thermostat, and keep the temp at 85 or higher day and night. Soak daily during this time. If you've caught it early enough, these warm temps should help them fight off the infection with no meds.

BuBbleBu

Incorrect temperatures can cause runny noses.
Hi ben . Now is 120f at hotspot 100 on hot side and 8-90 on the cool side . They still eating very good . But still a little bit wet nose . No more bubbles . Is too hot mean they going to have runny nose too ?

BuBbleBu

I have the co co coir and the verlicumite together . I dont see anything but they sometimes eating some coco coir . Is that ok ?

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hi ben . Now is 120f at hotspot 100 on hot side and 8-90 on the cool side . They still eating very good . But still a little bit wet nose . No more bubbles . Is too hot mean they going to have runny nose too ?
No, it’s generally caused by cool temperatures.