baby Sulcatas need your guys help

Hilivin808

Location (City and/or State)
Ewa beach hawaii
Hey guys my baby Sulcatas have this weird growth or something on there Jaw line and today it looks like some of it is missing it’s a hard yellowish white substance and it’s hasn’t been eating due to it and me and my family are scared could somebody please tell me what this is or any detail of what this it I can’t find any answers and I want to see if I can solve it here at home or do I need to take it into the vet image.jpgimage.jpg

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Where did you get these tortoises? Are they being housed together?
Can you post pictures of your enclosure(s), as well as your temperatures and humidity?
I don’t have experience with growths like these, but @Yvonne G might.

Hilivin808

Ewa beach hawaii
We got these guys from a family friend who had a clutch of baby’s and these two where slightly deformed shells and there home was a old water tub we filled with coco fiber and mulch and they live inside and outside at night we bring them in because it’s been getting alittle cold for them here where I live (low 70s) so we bring them in and they have a ceramic heater to keep them warm at night and the humidity varies on the day we took it down and they are in a temporary tub with just coco fiber in it because we house a baby snow leopard with them and they have had no issues until about a week ago and then we separated them in case it was contagious

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You should probably take him to a vet and have the vet look inside his mouth. That's not normal. It may be an abscess on either side, and then again, it may be nothing. Better to get an expert to look at it to know for sure.