Baby tort being a complete rascal

theodorejr

Location (City and/or State)
Austria
Anyone elses tort always making a complete mess in their water dish? 🤣

these pictures were taken within the span of only a few hours 🤣🤣🤣

he cant get enough of going inside and outside his water dish dragging everything with him multiple times a day 😭🤣

Attachments

• IMG_9672.png
    IMG_9672.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9677.png
    IMG_9677.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have two adult leopards. One has to dirty his water dish constantly. So much that I have put another fish in with him that is too small for him to dirty. Well, almost to small. He still gets stuff in it but not as bad as the one he fits in.

theodorejr

Austria
I have two adult leopards. One has to dirty his water dish constantly. So much that I have put another fish in with him that is too small for him to dirty. Well, almost to small. He still gets stuff in it but not as bad as the one he fits in.
Theyre so adorable :D I thought it would be better to already buy a big dish for the future - but i guess not xD

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Theyre so adorable :D I thought it would be better to already buy a big dish for the future - but i guess not xD
No, it's good to have a big dish. Just have a small one too. Yours is still small where he would fit into any dish. But as he gets bigger, that's when you will want a big one he can fit into and then one that he can't. This way he will always have clean water his head can get too but his body can't. Mine still tries to get the small dish messed up. I had to keep playing around with where to put it so he couldn't walk over it or move it around. This winter I'm trying an automatic waterer that is attached to the side of enclosure and in a corner. I'm hoping I will have out smarted him this time right from the start lol