Baby tortoise hibernating?? How do I wake it up?

Frayer8600

Location (City and/or State)
Singapore
Hello everyone, I'm new here,

I have a 3-4 months old baby sulcata, it's cute and healthy and quite active I would say. But in the past week, it has stopped eating and drinking. Then just 4 days ago, stopped moving with his eyes closed, head and all limps including the tail tucked in.
Quickly went to research online about why he's like this. So he's either hibernating or dead. But he is not rotting neither does he stink. I am pretty sure he's hibernating. But I read that baby tortoises are too young to hibernate.
So I wanna try to wake him up. Tried soaking him in lukewarm water for an hour but he did not wake up. Any ways to make my baby wake up?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hello everyone, I'm new here,

I have a 3-4 months old baby sulcata, it's cute and healthy and quite active I would say. But in the past week, it has stopped eating and drinking. Then just 4 days ago, stopped moving with his eyes closed, head and all limps including the tail tucked in.
Quickly went to research online about why he's like this. So he's either hibernating or dead. But he is not rotting neither does he stink. I am pretty sure he's hibernating. But I read that baby tortoises are too young to hibernate.
So I wanna try to wake him up. Tried soaking him in lukewarm water for an hour but he did not wake up. Any ways to make my baby wake up?
Sulcata tortoises do not hibernate. It sounds like your tortoise has passed, I'm sorry.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please show us a picture of his enclosure and lights, and tell us a bit about how you have him set up. This will help us determine what might be wrong.