Baby tortoise not opening eyes

Ardynnb

Location (City and/or State)
Williams
Hi, I have a baby sulcata tortoise that is about 5 months old. Hes usually very active but the last two days hes been lethargic and not opening his eyes until I put him in a warm bath, then he will eat a little bit and then go back into his log. Is this something I should worry about? I keep his enclosure warm and humid and always make sure they're what its supposed to be.

tacotort654218

Tortoise Land
I'm not an expert, but a photo of the enclosure, diet, temperature (basking, hiding spot & night time temps) and its daily routine will certainly help the more experienced members for their advice.
and since we are talking about eyes, what type of lamp are you using? is it the coil type? any swelling in the eye? try to pay attention to its breath too, any weezing / nasal discharge?

a good common advice is to bump up the temp to help the digestive system

I hope this helps

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
That guide is excellent. Can we see pictures of the enclosure and your tortoise? My tort sometimes has her eyes closed for a bit when I take her out of her enclosure. TacoTort654218 has good questions (couldn't come up with a better word). What are the humidity levels? instead of a log you should have a humid hide box, like the one suggested in the guide. Hopefully Tom's guide helps you out.