Baby tortoise twitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocco

5 Year Member
Hi my 6months old tortoise Is twitching every few seconds his head and fore arms :( is this normal? Someone told me its the way they breath but I'm not too sure cause he is doing that a lot every few seconds. Anyone know why he's doing that and what that means???

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Is it sorta like his legs and head go out a bit further out from the shell and then back in? Not a big movement, but noticeable if your looking at him up close. I am thinking you are talking about just the normal breathing movement you sometime see. Otherwise, he is active, eating, no bubbles and so on?

Rocco

5 Year Member
Yes that's what I mean the movement going out and then in. He is not active but he does eat. He doesn't move a lot just sitting under the basking lamp or when I give him food he eats it. Otherwise he's not really active and stays on the same side of the housing.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I had this same worry when I got Cooper, but as the good people on here told me, it is normal. I hope all else is well with your tort! Have a good day! :)

bellyboo

5 Year Member
I just got a new little tort and so did a friend of mine. Both of us noticed that our little guys twitch as well. We kind of had a laugh because mine's name is Hiccup and it looks like he has just that...the hiccups! Enjoy your little guy! :)

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
lol i have the same problem, and now i feel sooo much more comfortable knowing why he does that lol it was scaring me at first, i love my little Ted so much and i didnt want anything to happen to him ya know?

sooo thanks!! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.