Baby tortoise

Judeski187

Location (City and/or State)
chicago
Hello,
Im new to this forum. I adopted a baby eastern hermanns tortoise. I had it less than a month. Today it unfortunately passed away. It wasn’t moving in the afternoon. It was moving in the morning. I took it to the vet to confirm. I’m not sure what happened and I’m feeling very heartbroken.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello,
Im new to this forum. I adopted a baby eastern hermanns tortoise. I had it less than a month. Today it unfortunately passed away. It wasn’t moving in the afternoon. It was moving in the morning. I took it to the vet to confirm. I’m not sure what happened and I’m feeling very heartbroken.
Hello and welcome. Sorry about your loss. So sad.

This info may help you, should you decide to figure out what went wrong and/or try again:

Judeski187

chicago
Hello and welcome. Sorry about your loss. So sad.

This info may help you, should you decide to figure out what went wrong and/or try again:
Thank you for the info. I believe Ive done most of these things right. I did buy this baby from a pet store in Orland Park, IL which they didn’t not give a receipt or any papers. I believe they weren’t supposed to sell them because they were smaller than 4 inches. I’m wondering if this little baby didn’t have a good start. I will redo my research and perhaps try again with a yearling.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Thanks for coming to this site and sharing your experience, sad as it was for you. Better luck next time, but what you learn here will be much more valuable than luck.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Sorry for your loss. If, and when you are ready to get another tortoise, there are good breeders on this forum.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Please believe this is NOT your fault. That baby was started wrong. NEVER buy any animal without at least a receipt. I'd be taking that corpse back to the pet store and raise hell. Get your money back and buy a different tort from someone else...Hermanni Chris is our expert and his torts are super...you couldn't do any better than Chris.I'm sorry this happened to you...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thank you all for your support. I’m so happy I joined this forum. I feel great support. 😊
Thanks...I think we are so supportive because we have all had turtles and tortoises die. We all know how it feels. Hang around and get a good hatchling from any one of our resident experts. welcome