Backwater reptiles, good or bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
So I have read a lot about them and some people say they are great and others say try are terrible. I want to buy some feeders for my gecko from them but don't know if I should. Soo anybody have any good or bad experiences with them????? I would like to know ASAP

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Backwater Reptiles is a consortium of several different people in different locations doing business under one internet banner. I bought two tortoises from them, they were shipped from Texas, I reverse looked up who the 'person' was by the return address on the shipping label. That person had been banned from selling at some swap meets in Texas for selling as CB WC animals, so say on-line reviews.

The 'office' people sent me a confirmation e-mail that I would get a refund for the caiman that died and a new one was on its way?????

I called explained my purchase was for tortoises, and they had better not send a caiman to me in California (all crocs are illegal here). Then they gave me the contact info for the person in Alaska who had the caiman deal, and asked me if I would forward the PayPal refunded funds to their customer.

When the tortoises arrived they were grossly underweight, and one was not a doer, it had life long issues based on my judgement as expressed with shell malformation. I refunded the refund directly back to Backwater.

It's my opinion they represent a new kind of USFWS sting where people who have been busted, like the character in Texas, are given reduced fines if they can draw in others for later arrest. But that's just an opinion.

Will

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What kind of feeders are you looking for? If looking for Dubia roaches I highly recommend www.midwestdubia.com he is a member of this forum. However, I met him on the chameleon forum. Sent me free roaches to try on my chameleon. I only paid shipping. Very nice. I also recommend coastal. I have gotten horn worms from them before and have just placed another order today. They have other worms and crickets too.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Backwater is a drop shipper, plain and simple. They utilize several different wholesalers across the country to provide the animals they sell. They never see the animals that are shipped. Do the research and decide for yourself whether you want to do business with them or not. The information is out there for you on the interwebs, which seems like you've already went over......

mommybeegs

5 Year Member
Just wanted to say after much hesitation I ordered a Russian tortoise from this website. He arrived the very next day, healthy as could be! Perfect shell, wide eyes, very active and a healthy appetite! If you ever want a reptile this is a wonderful place to get one from?!!. Try have one location in Florida, Texas, an California. Animals are wry well ared for

Status
Not open for further replies.