bad neighbor stories....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Tell me your bad neighbor stories and I will tell you mine. But mine are so outragous they have had me in a all out rage. Seeing RED again just from the thoughts!
I may have to get my wife on here cause this started with her as she bought the property about 5 years before I came into the picture, and its the same neighbor that has had the cops at my house no less then 10 times in the past 2 years. If u think I make up these true stories up you can gladly get ahold of the Greenfield, Indiana courthouse to verify the amount of calls to the police, county, local, and state. I didn't even know you could do that but another neighbor told me he did it. Its almost unbelieveable! But I live it everyday. I will start with this tid bit. I DON'T COOK METH! And my house, garage, RV, and crawl space has been searched by police dogs to be sure.....
Have a great day my forum friends! And can't wait to read your stories! :D

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
How awful! I'm really lucky that I don't have any horrible neighbors. In fact, I have an elderly neighbor who actually keeps one of my cats. My cats pick on this cat, so she started hanging out over there. Now this lady and my cat are best friends. The cat actually eats, sleeps, and lives there, but the lady still calls her my cat. I don't mind, as long as they're both happy. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't have any good neighbor stories, just suggestions for you and an ear if you want to tell us a few more tidbits:D
Isn't there anything else for your neighbors to do there in Indian?:D Maybe you should try to engage them in a hobby or even a block party:p. Show them you have nothing to hide and how kind you are and maybe they will find someone else to bother:D. Okay, now that I gave you my suggestions for neighborly peace, tell us the truth, what did you really do that they don't like you? :D:D:D Spill the goods:p:D
Happy good neighboring and good luck.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yeah my neighbor is also elderly, and a total nut bag, and not just because of her age. She was like this with the people that had this house before my wife bought it. My house has been invaded 4 times to search for meth in 2 years. The last time she had them out here they were so nice to us but said they have to investigate every call because that is their job. Then then other cop was talking to her and yelled at her "how do u even know what meth smells like??". I laughed my arse off! I don't even know what it smells like except what they tell us on the cop shows. Then she called them and told them we put **** roaches in her house... it ain't my fault she is a dirty old lady and has roaches!!!! Glad to hear u have good neighbors tho!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I'm lucky to have the neighbours I do, right now.

I used to live in a ground-floor city centre apartment. It was stylish and modern, and I was so happy when I moved in, but it was built between a university and a housing estate full of drug addicts, complete with chav children and dangerous dogs. Kids would shout abuse, damage my car and throw bricks and fire-filled bottles at my window, as well as working together to ring the doorbell and knock on every window of the apartment at the same time. We planned to move out when we could afford it, but it reached a point where I'd have a panic attack and start crying if anyone knocked on the door or phoned us. In the end, we cut our losses and moved before we were ready.

I now live in a lovely parkland neighbourhood. It's peaceful, the neighbours are all very friendly and though there's not much of a community atmosphere we all leave each other alone under the knowledge that people ARE always looking out for you, in a subtle and non-intrusive way. Our direct next-door neighbour is a single mum with two teenage daughters, both in relationships with rough-looking boys, and we hear shouting, screaming and door-slamming very clearly through our walls a lot, but I know I'm safe here and that's what matters. They might not be the perfect people to live next door to, but they're not going to injure me or damage my property. :p

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
My parents used to have this crazy neighbor that would call the police and write letters to their employers. She said my mother worked for Avon (she didn't) and left an Avon brochure on her porch with worms in it that destroyed her junipers. This is just one of the funnier complaints. One time she called the police to complain about a friend they had over. She said this man was driving a white car and drove up on her lawn and hit her gas meter. The police came out immediately to arrest the man. It turned out my parents' friend was the sheriff of los angeles county at the time! Ha ha! Needless to say he wasn't arrested.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
There's an elderly couple a few houses down from mine that feed all the ferrell cats in the neighborhood, right now there are at least 15 that I've seen. Well...14 after last night. ;)

The cats get in our backyard and in our tortoise pens. They wake us up early in the AM when they're trying to mate or when they're fighting. Asked Santa for a cat trap this year, so one by one they are going to be relocated to a far away place.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Neal said:
There's an elderly couple a few houses down from mine that feed all the ferrell cats in the neighborhood, right now there are at least 15 that I've seen. Well...14 after last night. ;)

The cats get in our backyard and in our tortoise pens. They wake us up early in the AM when they're trying to mate or when they're fighting. Asked Santa for a cat trap this year, so one by one they are going to be relocated to a far away place.
I too am in that same boat Neal! We got rented traps from animal control but there were too many she was feeding and they were have'n kittens left and right. So we bought our own. We got 9 cats in 2 weeks the last time. That also caused a cop visit cause she says we fed them to out giant siberian and that we were feeding the cats antifreeze! God grief, what a pain in the arse! Good luck catching your trouble makers. I'm sure it won't be hard tho, ours are always real happy to get in the trap and eat a free meal.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
So I know it could be worse....the neighbors have like a gazillion chickens and roosters....so during the summer flies are GAROSSS! and I put out bird seed at our house for the quail finch sparrows song birds dove and the two gunea hens and the peacock and all the other birds...well the darn chickens and roosters jump their fence and end up in my feeder darn near till it is gone and they crap all over the porch and drive way.....also they have two boys...they do not watch those boys...the two boys don't speak english (well the bigger ones started school so he is picking it up) so trying to talk to them does no good...they have destroyed two of my trees they have been up playing on our porch when ever we leave the house...so when my son and I pull up to the gate they use to greet us on our own porch....uhhhhh? Then they crossed the line when I was at home and sat down to have a sangwich I look up out the window and see the monkeys climbing up the fence of one of my CDTs yard swinging back and forth!! Oh hell no...so I fly out the door and...well...let's say that is when I realized I did not need them to understand english to convince them to run like the wind....I know not nice...so then from that day on they were kinda leery of me...but they again were sneaking onto out property and were playing on the porch while we were inside...so my dogs heard them....which let me know...so as I look outside the window I see them both drop my sons scooter on the driveway and run to the middle of my yard and dropped their pangs and peed like in a bathroom....again we had meeting of the mind with some choice words....so I had enough and stomped my butt over to their house because I noticed their father...he speaks a little english....I explained to him that his children are not to come onto my property unless their life is in danger....period. so I have only spotted them one time on my property since and when ever we pull up they hide behind the trees in their yard....terrible it has to be that way....I know not that horrible...however the flip side now is I don't mind them so much anymore....lol

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
So I know it could be worse....the neighbors have like a gazillion chickens and roosters....so during the summer flies are GAROSSS! and I put out bird seed at our house for the quail finch sparrows song birds dove and the two gunea hens and the peacock and all the other birds...well the darn chickens and roosters jump their fence and end up in my feeder darn near till it is gone and they crap all over the porch and drive way.....also they have two boys...they do not watch those boys...the two boys don't speak english (well the bigger ones started school so he is picking it up) so trying to talk to them does no good...they have destroyed two of my trees they have been up playing on our porch when ever we leave the house...so when my son and I pull up to the gate they use to greet us on our own porch....uhhhhh? Then they crossed the line when I was at home and sat down to have a sangwich I look up out the window and see the monkeys climbing up the fence of one of my CDTs yard swinging back and forth!! Oh hell no...so I fly out the door and...well...let's say that is when I realized I did not need them to understand english to convince them to run like the wind....I know not nice...so then from that day on they were kinda leery of me...but they again were sneaking onto out property and were playing on the porch while we were inside...so my dogs heard them....which let me know...so as I look outside the window I see them both drop my sons scooter on the driveway and run to the middle of my yard and dropped their pangs and peed like in a bathroom....again we had meeting of the mind with some choice words....so I had enough and stomped my butt over to their house because I noticed their father...he speaks a little english....I explained to him that his children are not to come onto my property unless their life is in danger....period. so I have only spotted them one time on my property since and when ever we pull up they hide behind the trees in their yard....terrible it has to be that way....I know not that horrible...however the flip side now is I don't mind them so much anymore....lol
Good story Angela! At least they got the point, well we hope anyways!! :)

kimber_lee_314 said:
My parents used to have this crazy neighbor that would call the police and write letters to their employers. She said my mother worked for Avon (she didn't) and left an Avon brochure on her porch with worms in it that destroyed her junipers. This is just one of the funnier complaints. One time she called the police to complain about a friend they had over. She said this man was driving a white car and drove up on her lawn and hit her gas meter. The police came out immediately to arrest the man. It turned out my parents' friend was the sheriff of los angeles county at the time! Ha ha! Needless to say he wasn't arrested.
I think your parents old neighbor has a sister next door to my house! Lol!

cherylim said:
I'm lucky to have the neighbours I do, right now.

I used to live in a ground-floor city centre apartment. It was stylish and modern, and I was so happy when I moved in, but it was built between a university and a housing estate full of drug addicts, complete with chav children and dangerous dogs. Kids would shout abuse, damage my car and throw bricks and fire-filled bottles at my window, as well as working together to ring the doorbell and knock on every window of the apartment at the same time. We planned to move out when we could afford it, but it reached a point where I'd have a panic attack and start crying if anyone knocked on the door or phoned us. In the end, we cut our losses and moved before we were ready.

I now live in a lovely parkland neighbourhood. It's peaceful, the neighbours are all very friendly and though there's not much of a community atmosphere we all leave each other alone under the knowledge that people ARE always looking out for you, in a subtle and non-intrusive way. Our direct next-door neighbour is a single mum with two teenage daughters, both in relationships with rough-looking boys, and we hear shouting, screaming and door-slamming very clearly through our walls a lot, but I know I'm safe here and that's what matters. They might not be the perfect people to live next door to, but they're not going to injure me or damage my property. :p
Glad u got out of the old place! That sounds like a real hell hole!!! :p

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I gotta say that in 20 years, I haven't had one problem with any of my neighbors. We are friendly, and very tolerant of each other. There aren't any houses within about 400 feet of my house, though, add to that many trees, and we can pretty much do as we please, whenever. It's great. I couldn't live in a neighborhood any more, and definately wouldn't be wanted. The secret to good neighbors is distance.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My neighbor is a Native American...a great, big guy who's nick name is Bear. He does two things that irritate the heck out of me.

I spray Round-up to keep the weeds under control on my property. So the area in front of my house is bare dirt, free of weeds and grass. My pasture is only green grass and clover. I go out there several time during the summer and pull up the fox tails and weeds.

So, when Bear rides his mower to cut down HIS weeds that are knee high and gone to seed, he drives it with the grass outlet pointing to my property. All those weed seeds fly over onto my bare dirt and fresh, green pasture. Gr-r-r-r!

The other thing he does is to hit soft balls for his dog. Now, this doesn't sound like much of an irritant unless you remember that Bear is a BIG guy, and he hits the ball VERY hard. He hits it up as high as he can and for every one that lands in Bear's yard, three or four land in my tortoise pens and once through the roof of my green house. I'm sure if one of those balls happened to crash-land on a tortoise it would split him wide open.

Please don't suggest it, because there's no talking to the guy. I've tried it. (I'm a grouchy, bitchy old lady)

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Neal, What has worked well for me is : Catch them in a live catch trap, pour a 5 gallon bucket of cold water all over them. Then open the trap. They'll hightail it home, and I rarely see the same cat again, at least not soon. Repeat as necessary.
Neal said:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
emysemys said:
My neighbor is a Native American...a great, big guy who's nick name is Bear. He does two things that irritate the heck out of me.

I spray Round-up to keep the weeds under control on my property. So the area in front of my house is bare dirt, free of weeds and grass. My pasture is only green grass and clover. I go out there several time during the summer and pull up the fox tails and weeds.

So, when Bear rides his mower to cut down HIS weeds that are knee high and gone to seed, he drives it with the grass outlet pointing to my property. All those weed seeds fly over onto my bare dirt and fresh, green pasture. Gr-r-r-r!

The other thing he does is to hit soft balls for his dog. Now, this doesn't sound like much of an irritant unless you remember that Bear is a BIG guy, and he hits the ball VERY hard. He hits it up as high as he can and for every one that lands in Bear's yard, three or four land in my tortoise pens and once through the roof of my green house. I'm sure if one of those balls happened to crash-land on a tortoise it would split him wide open.

Please don't suggest it, because there's no talking to the guy. I've tried it. (I'm a grouchy, bitchy old lady)
Good story. Altho I can't say I agree with the last part that is in quotes! You have been very tolerant of me! :)

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
I guess I should consider myself lucky compared to some of the other stories. I don't have a 'crazy' neighbor, but I do have one that's a total lazy slob. I'm in the middle of suburbia, and the rest of the neighbors do a good job of keeping their yards clean.

He never mows his lawn or rakes his leaves. Knee high weeds are everywhere. He keeps his garbage cans right on his driveway and they are usually overflowing. They have been observed throwing their garbage into the cans of the neighbors. On windy days, these garbage gets blown into other yards including mine.

He has a three car garage and a three car driveway, but because his garage is unorganized and full of stuff, and his driveway has a broken down boat and a trailer on it, he can only get one car on the driveway. The other four cars that belong to his wife, his two sons, and his daughter in law congest the streets. On several occasions, I have seen near collisions because the streets are narrow to begin with. A few of those cars also leak various fluids all over the streets. Whenever he or his kids work on the boat or cars, they leave the parts all over the driveway. Sometimes they roll into sidewalk or gutters.

The younger teenage son has thrown parties, where he and his friends have been noisy all night long. Underage drinking goes on at that house. The kids hang out in the streets by the cars, they urinate in other people's yards, throw food wrappers, bottles, cans, empty cigarette packs, and still burning cigarette butts in the yards of neighbors. They've also been witnessed knocking down garbage cans.

Several neighbors have filed complaints against them with City Code Enforcement and the City Police Department. At one point, a neighbor wrote a very polite letter requesting that he please clean up his yard, and find alternate parking accommodations for some of his vehicles, this letter was signed by EVERYONE else on the street. Nothing has changed.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Neal said:

:( :( :( Okay, for once I am glad your not my neighbor...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
On windy days, these garbage gets blown into other yards including mine.

Ohhhhh...so forgot about this same thing here of my gazillion chicken neighbors....makes me crazy...I hate litter...uggggghhhh.

rides his mower to cut down HIS weeds that are knee high and gone to seed, he drives it with the grass outlet pointing to my property.

OOOOOO, my front neighbor does this .....his response to my trying to breach the conversation is..."I am too old to worry about it" he is like only in his fifties....this one really really really pisses me off...because I too pull the weeds by hand (all darn spring and lead into summer) but I do not use the weed killer....here the wind blows so many days a year that I have worked hard the last five or so years to get my property back to native desert landscape and it cuts down the flying dirt....:D

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm sorry Jacqui...but anything that prevents me from getting a good nights rest needs to go. I had this conversation with my daughter when she was waking up in the middle of the night and she has been a good girl ever since.

If it makes you feel any better I send them to a public park by my work where a bunch of other stray cats live and people feed them.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
TNR Trap Neuter Release..
Dont trap and release un neutered to become someone elses problems and not stop the over population...
Trap and take to the shelter if anything... they will at least be put donw humanely and not suffer...
and be SURE they are not somones pets before you re locate!
I know its a problem... everywhere.. and cat owners should take more responsibility etc....
no simple answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.