Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Meg90 said:
Do you want me to send you my PM Jacqui? Other mods told me they wouldn't do anything.
Sure, but there is no guarantee I will see it differently then they do. All I can do is read it. All you can do is send it to me and then also explain why you feel it is abusive.

emysemys said:
Life's too short for all this trouble. I'm going outside with my tortoises.
I think we ALL should do exactly that! Can I come with you?? :D

Candy said:
Thank you Jacqui. I am very happy that you said that I don't believe anyone should send an inmature PM to anyone on here and not have it looked at if asked by a mod I don't care who you are it's just not right.

Candy I feel ALL the mods feel this same way. We too have steps and rules to follow. You guys don't see a lot of what we do because we try to do most of our talking to folks about their behavior in private. It protects everybody's rights, but at the same time it does tend to look to those on the outside as if we fail to do anything about situations.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
This is clearly getting way off topic. Maybe because there are some deleted posts. Perhaps the Mods should delete the entire thread, not just the stuff they dont like.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I think this is perfectly on topic. If anyone has questions, please read the original post. While I said I would LIKE to see those few questions answered, the whole post is up for discussion.

M

Maggie Cummings

OK..do you guys see that because of all this sniveling and whining about she called me names or he said this about me, Yvonne has left the forum. She tries really hard to good stuff for the members of the forum and she works harder behind the scenes then any of us. She has the patience of Job, but even she got tired of all the sniveling and whining and she's gone. Good job for chasing her away.

id this about me

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
No one chased anyone. I don't see people mourning for Kayti, who wants to quit.

How come the advice "don't read a thread if it bothers you" is passed around like a pack of chewing gum, but when it comes to certain members--people are considered chasing them away.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That's a good point to think of Meg. I didn't think of it that way. What do you mean Kayti is leaving? Did we all pm Kayti so she wouldn't leave?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Meg90 said:

That's because it's blatantly obvious that Kayti isn't going to quit. She just wants simpathy.

Meg90 said:
I too, am tired of the off topic posts being deleted.

My post was as on topic as anything I've seen, and it was deleted and called "off topic."

On other threads and earlier in this one, I get bashed, then in trying to defend myself, my posts get deleted.

Meg90 said:
And Tyler, I find it informative that you think its OK to say something bitey or negative about someone's POST (but not about them). But if you feel that way then that whole debate on your little comment should not have happened. Most people said the COMMENT was sexist, not you. Its a one way street, son.

I stand by everything I said, as I always do. The only people that think it's sexist are the ones that either don't like me (and then purposefully misinterpret what I said), or don't know the definition of sexist. Most people don't think it was sexist, just the handful of you that are looking for a reason to hate me said it was. That's ok, I have thick skin.

S

stells

OMG... Mods just give me a warning about the PM... which was said out of anger by a comment made in a particular thread...

Honestly if that is what it takes so we can move on from it just do it... even give me a temp ban....

I don't quite get these warnings anyway if only the Mods... and myself know i have one... what difference does it actually make? but if it will keep the peace... go for it...

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
The post above is completely Off Topic. It should be deleted just like every other off topic post.

M

Maggie Cummings

Meg90 said:

How come the advice "don't read a thread if it bothers you" is passed around like a pack of chewing gum, but when it comes to certain members--people are considered chasing them away.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Meg90 said:
I too, am tired of the off topic posts being deleted.

The post above is completely Off Topic. It should be deleted just like every other off topic post.

Glad to see you're back to normal, Meg.

S

stells

The PM has been mentioned by yourself plenty of times,... that makes it ontopic...

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
No, the TOPIC of PMs have been mentioned. If we are going to be sticky about the rules here, lets get them right.

And I want to know which post of mine wasn't following the topic of this thread---considering that I posted it in the first place.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
stells said:
OMG... Mods just give me a warning about the PM... which was said out of anger by a comment made in a particular thread...

Honestly if that is what it takes so we can move on from it just do it... even give me a temp ban....

I don't quite get these warnings anyway if only the Mods... and myself know i have one... what difference does it actually make? but if it will keep the peace... go for it...

Kelly (and the rest of you...Meg already should know this from in the past) when we have issues the Mods in the thread usually call for peace or warn folks they are getting into trouble. PRIVATE messages are sent to individuals...several times...did you all read that? We warn privately several times each person. Then the Mods get together and decide which one of us gets the horrible job of giving a warning (which is the point/percentage each of you can see only on your own posts). It's a horrible job, because we hate to have to reach that step. Get enough points taken away and guess what...you get banned from here.

Kelly has not gotten enough private PM warnings to merit getting the official warning Meg wants her to have. Kelly has been talked to enough about this already. It's closed for that issue/thread. We have moved on.

I won't tell anybody who gets these official warnings, the friendlier first step PM warnings, ect.., That is between us and them, unless THEY bring it up. Which is why I can make comments about Meg knowing this, as she herself (in another thread clearly stated this history) brought up having gotten to the points being taken away.

Kelly, when and if she ever gets to the stage she needs an official warning, will receive it, so don't go saying it's because of who she is, who she is engaged to, ect.., for her not getting it as has been said in posts/threads before. That is a blatent lie.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Everyone take a breath for a second and/or a finger crack :D All the other posts will hopefully come back (as soon as Josh gets to it). From Meg's first post this is a no holds barred discussion about the forum, so nothing is off topic.
So everyone by all means go to town discussing anything you like. We will all either join in or sit back and watch the festivities. :D Hopefully this will either clear the air or the forum :p whichever comes first :D

The bell has rung,

now it's time to fight :D

Danny

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Meg90 said:

I would warn Kayti if she left...and so would other's. Please Meg don't jump to such rash and untrue statements.

Yvonne (and all the Mods) really don't have the ability to choose to not read a certain thread or post. In order to do our jobs, we have too, especially on hot topics that are so close to crossing forum lines.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
egyptiandan said:
Everyone take a breath for a second and/or a finger crack :D

What's a finger crack? Is this off topic ;)

It will clear the air. Nobody wants to leave.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Nope not off topic :p

ie cracking your knuckles :D

Danny

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Don't crack your knuckles it's not good for you! :D :p I do so appreciate Jacqui and Danny's diplomacy it is much appreciated.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
I'll probably get warned for this but everyone needs to chiiiiillllllll and burn one...

Jk.. but everyone needs to grow up. Seriously. Its the internet..

Status
Not open for further replies.