BARTS petstore in Omaha, NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
I know that most people are reviewing online sources here, but I felt the need to add this in here for my Nebraska friends.

BARTS is a petstore that specializes in anything exotic:birds, small animals, etc. They obviously seem to make most of their money from their reptiles, since half the store is dedicated to reptiles and the other half is for everything else. I have recently been going there a lot to buy crested gecko diet and bird food.

HOWEVER, the last time I was there I was not impressed, and will probably not be going back again. I overheard one of the employees telling a costumer that they are full right now and can't take any trades.

Well as I was looking around that was pretty obvious. The two full grown sulcatas they've had for a while that normally live in a moderately sized pen were crammed into a 100 gallon tank where they could barely turn around.

If this wasn't bad enough, right before I was about to check out I saw a Russian tortoise that looked like it was just dumped into a 20 gallon tank with 10+ baby bearded dragons. The tortoise couldn't even move without stepping on a beardie and there were beardies climbing all over his back.

After that I set my items down and never looked back. Not having room is no excuse for poor care.

Just thought I would share so anyone in NE can think twice before giving BARTS their money for reptile supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.