Baseball News!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhintz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Myers, FL
Cliff Lee signing with the Phillies !?!?!?

I am legitimately surprised by this. Still digesting what I think about it.

Elsewhere, its more of the usual from my hometown Cubs. The big offseason signing is a guy who hit like .198 last year. I'm already looking into a bandwagon to jump on for 2011.

But Cliff Lee . wow .

Frank

Bowser-the-Redfoot

5 Year Member
Kurihama, Japan
I know right... I'm a Yankee fan and so far my heart has been broken, first Carl Crawford, and now Cliff Lee....
Its too much to bare :/

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
fhintz, dont even start to complain, I am a Padres fan and every year is a rebuilding year. Dont get me started on this off season disaster. Adrian Gonzales to the Redsox in a backdoor, lopsided trade in wich the Padres always get Scrooged!!

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
Good point. Fans of teams that are continuously pursuing a long range plan that never materializes do have my sympathy (Pirates, Royals come to mind and Reds prior to last year).

It is, however, still difficult to feel sympathy for the Padres after 1984. Although, I will grant you that after last year it is rather heartbreaking to see that from them. With how close the Padres were, they should have been looking for a couple pieces to get them over rather than already bailing on this year.

Sorry, can't feel sympathy for the Yankees at all.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am with you Onarock. What were the Padres' owners thinkin?

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I'ld say jump on the RedSox bandwagon,but with all the college kids here,it fills up quick...The days of cheap bleacher seats and horrible draft beers are over...Well, the horrible beer can still be had for $8.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Jump on the redsox bandwagon? I would rather jump on a bandwagon to hell.

What were the padres thinking? What they always think......the bottom line. If your a padres fan then you'll want to listen to this. The pads will win big when all the planets align. They sign young prospects and when those prospects become good they cant resign them and let them go. The pads currently have 14 players earning near the league minimum ($400,000) as we speak and that is likely not to change. Those players have to all become solid major league ball players at the same time under their current contracts for the pads to WIN! A scenario thats likely NOT to happen. The padres owners in 98 promised the world to pads fans in order to get the new Petco park. They have not lived up to their promise. They tell pads fans that in order to get a better product they need to average 30,000 - 35,000 in attendance to afford "better players". This to me makes no sence. When you buy products do you buy crappy stuff hoping that more people will buy it so the maker can make it better. No. The pads need to bone up, spend the cake and put a winning product on the field consistantly and pad fans will fill the seats. As a padres fan I am reluctant to invest in the product as I feel that when it comes to the padres, I am Charlie Brown watiting for Lucy to pull the Football on me. Hopefully this new ownership group will turn things around, but thats not likely. We are now officially part of the redsox farm system

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Bowser-the-Redfoot said:
I know right... I'm a Yankee fan and so far my heart has been broken, first Carl Crawford, and now Cliff Lee....

Cry me a river, Mr 28 world championships!

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
harris said:
Bowser-the-Redfoot said:

Cry me a river, Mr 28 world championships!

Right, I am also a Lakers fan......I feel your pain Bowser

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
zzzdanz said:
I'm gonna have to mail a Crawford jersey to Hawaii

Ha ha, Ill wear it. The only jersey I have is a authentic Tony Gwynn 1984. But i do have 24 padres hats

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I have a few old 1's myself..Damn things are about $125 now and come in pink.Some things are just wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.