Batheing

Bunky

Location (City and/or State)
North Utah,
Hi Bunky here with my grandchild tortoise Wilson. We live in Utah. My son has gone on a summer job and I am babysitting little Wilson. I do not know a thing about tortoises. I'd like to know how to bathe the little baby.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Get a large Tupperware container, and fill it with warm water until it reaches around the tortoise’s chin level. Then, put the tortoise in, and put the container under the heat lamp.

Could we see pictures of the tortoise? :)

daniellenc

Maryland
You can use your kitchen sink or Tupperware and fill with enough water to go midway up their shell. The water should be 95-100 degrees and you have to keep and eye on him because flipping and drowning is possible. What kind of tortoise by the way?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If he will fit in your bathroom sink that's what I use. Then just pull the plug let it drain then fill back up. Clean sink when done. I will also use a wash tub and dump the dirty water into the toilet and refill with warm water. Soak for 20-30 minutes

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
What a good tort sitter! We should all be so lucky as to have someone like u to genuinely care for our luvs when we’re gone!

Bunky

North Utah,
What a good tort sitter! We should all be so lucky as to have someone like u to genuinely care for our luvs when we’re gone!
My son actually leaves me no choice. I have had to educate myself about not only this new guy, but a female chameleon and male bearded dragon. He has a tarantula as well which I refuse to even deal with. I don't do spiders. But the baby he just got right before he left. I'm really hoping I'm doing okay with him.

Bunky

North Utah,
Get a large Tupperware container, and fill it with warm water until it reaches around the tortoise’s chin level. Then, put the tortoise in, and put the container under the heat lamp.

Yes I will get some for u 2moro the baby is asleep already.

Bunky

North Utah,

What about a light scrub with a toothbrush?

Bunky

North Utah,
You can use your kitchen sink or Tupperware and fill with enough water to go midway up their shell. The water should be 95-100 degrees and you have to keep and eye on him because flipping and drowning is possible. What kind of tortoise by the way?
Really that warm?

Bunky

North Utah,
I'm not sure what kind of tortoise Wilson is.