Be careful of new members selling

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
And because they are new, so have not met the rules to actually post a "for sale" thread, they will answer every thread where someone is looking for a tortoise. They always seem to have every kind of tortoise or turtle someone is looking for too.
Oh, just a FYI. I usually post a thread like this when I have seen a new member I am suspicious of.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
Yep....I noticed a new user replying to a whole lot of threads one right after the other....every species.

Maybe he wanted his first tortoise regardless of the specie. We can’t jump to conclusions but there are a lot of scammers out there. Best advice is to do all transactions in person with cash rather than shipment, etc.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Maybe he wanted his first tortoise regardless of the specie. We can’t jump to conclusions but there are a lot of scammers out there. Best advice is to do all transactions in person with cash rather than shipment, etc.

No, they were trying to get people to buy from them, not trying to buy a tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This person seems to have for sale possibly every species that is in the wanted threads. Not looking to get one, looking to sell or rehome, most likely to sell. That's the scam. Sell a tortoise, gets the money and buyer gets nothing.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Or do your research. I found this person on Fauna classified's scammer list.