Beardie with the Russian torts

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
Going to be keeping my adopted beardie in the Russian tort pin. Still trying to find the perfect spot for sun, but not for her to get baked. So excited to have another dragon after years. I built a bigger enclosure, but it's on hold for few weeks. I still have some tweaks to do, but it's about ready.

Attachments

• 20220515_131717.jpg
    20220515_131717.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220515_131723.jpg
    20220515_131723.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220515_132324.jpg
    20220515_132324.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 6

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
No it's not. It's an enclosure within an enclosure
Still may be a bad idea for some sound reasons. Like stress. The stress of sharing space even though they cannot touch each other. The possibility of communicable disease.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
No it's not. It's an enclosure within an enclosure
So the two will be separated and not have contact? No contact with each other's feces?

You know darn well that most of the people on this forum are going to say not to mix species, and its a bad idea for them to share the same space.

I too just got back into a couple of beardies. I love them, but I would never house them in a tortoise enclosure. I'm working on a large outdoor enclosure made out of a horse trough for them right now, and I'm also looking for the right area to do it where they will get sun but not bake in the summer heat. I think I want to add enough dirt to the bottom for them to be able to get "underground" in the mid day heat.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
So the two will be separated and not have contact? No contact with each other's feces?

You know darn well that most of the people on this forum are going to say not to mix species, and its a bad idea for them to share the same space.

I too just got back into a couple of beardies. I love them, but I would never house them in a tortoise enclosure. I'm working on a large outdoor enclosure made out of a horse trough for them right now, and I'm also looking for the right area to do it where they will get sun but not bake in the summer heat. I think I want to add enough dirt to the bottom for them to be able to get "underground" in the mid day heat.
They won't be in contact, and that sounds cool.