Beautiful day and some random pictures

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Stunning. All of them. I was trying to pick out my favorite, but it's hard. Love the angle of the 2nd photo. Shows off the smooth domed carapace perfectly.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Whew, those are some screamers! I was interested by the yellow tortoise, is that one of your unique colored adults?
Yup, my baby girl named that one Phoenix. Both she and her 'sister' tort are still in their year long quarantine. She is by far one of the coolest cherries I have seen. I got the two of them from a local vet who raised them from yearlings. So far they are healthy and seem pretty happy.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Gorgeous Cherries !!!.....LOVE the neck on the last shot....A " True Redneck"...;)

and the yellow headed one is mind blowing .... I have never seen that one before?

tctpa523

Allegra, will you have any of the orange headed morph available in the near future? I'd love to add a trio to my group...

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Allegra, will you have any of the orange headed morph available in the near future? I'd love to add a trio to my group...
We are thinking radical and not selling any this year, but instead, keeping them all...and growing them all out. We(husband and I) are noticing that the hatchling's don't reveal their full potential until they reach about the year or so mark. Not sure on our course of action yet. We did hatch a few from Phoenix which look very interesting! Will keep everyone posted and will try to keep posting pics. Glad everyone is enjoying them.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Yup, my baby girl named that one Phoenix. Both she and her 'sister' tort are still in their year long quarantine. She is by far one of the coolest cherries I have seen. I got the two of them from a local vet who raised them from yearlings. So far they are healthy and seem pretty happy.

I've never seen a yellow cherry head, very cool! Good luck with the retention this year! The four I have from you have marbled and changed their colors from 2-4 years of age. It will be interesting to see the progeny from Phoenix (your baby girl has a knack for names) and her sister, keep us updated!

Give Rambutan a treat for me if you think of it.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
I've never seen a yellow cherry head, very cool! Good luck with the retention this year! The four I have from you have marbled and changed their colors from 2-4 years of age. It will be interesting to see the progeny from Phoenix (your baby girl has a knack for names) and her sister, keep us updated!

Give Rambutan a treat for me if you think of it.

It's not a yellow Cherry head. Those are from a particular area of Colombia. They are being farm-raised (along with the normal form) as wild-capture is illegal there.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
It's not a yellow Cherry head. Those are from a particular area of Colombia. They are being farm-raised (along with the normal form) as wild-capture is illegal there.
It is actually a cherryhead not a Colombian. Very unusual to find them this yellow.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Here is Phoenix, she was sleeping when I went to take the pictures. And two of her very odd colored babies. The other two hatchlings from her came out red. Plus Big Red (sister) is digging a hole as we speak.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457995560.315876.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457995573.714301.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457995585.378300.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457995597.615610.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457995612.980515.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457995612.980515.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 22