Beautiful Leopard Tortoise - 5 years Old

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoythegulf

5 Year Member
Hello Everyone,

I may be rehoming my beautiful Leopard Tortoise - Mia Zuri...

She or He (I honestly don't know which sex she is) is only 5 years old, I love her dearly but I am struggling a bit with her care during winter months and she doesn't seem to do well at times outside in the extreme humidity of the NW Gulf Coast.

She is very healthy and beautiful but I can tell she/he would love to have a large enclosure and a buddy of some sort to spend her life with.

I am not desperate to rehome her, but my travel schedule will be picking up again and I am thinking that may be the right thing to do :(.

Also, we have a pool, and even though her pen is much separated, I have ongoing worries about her and the pool..

I live in the NW Panhandle of Florida, but am willing to take her to you, I don't think I would ship her.. and if anyone is truly interested and an exceptional and devoted caretaker and lover of these amazing tortoises.. I would consider letting her have an opportunity at a life with a buddy tortoise in capable, loving and experienced hands.

Would need to be assured that in any circumstance at any time, I would be contacted if you for any reason could no longer take care of her..
I promise to take her back at any time for any circumstance..

Thanks so Much... I can send pictures of my beautiful doll if you think you are that special person for her.. Please describe and send photos of your setup if you are interested..

-April

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Just making sure.... your giving her/him away free of charge?

enjoythegulf

5 Year Member
There would be no cost to the adopter... She is part of my family and I would want to supplement her future home with some funds to assist in her support.. So if any cash changes hands it would be into the adopters hands for giving her a wonderful home.. :)

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
I am a passionate tortoise owner. I have successfully raised three sulcatas and a young Aldabra. I live in tupelo Mississippi. So if you want to visit Elvis Presley birthplace I could reimburse you for part of your gas expense

Sent from my HTC first using TortForum mobile app

skottip

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have a lonely male I raised from a hatchling. I live in S Florida.(Ft Laud area).
PM me if you think this might me a good place for her.(if it is a her)
I breed multiple tortoise species.

Thanks

enjoythegulf

5 Year Member
MY TORT is a "MALE" ....

I feel foolish but just now found the info on sexing them correctly...

He as a very Distinct V where his tail comes out on his underside...

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Lol..why dont u show a pic,then we can also help sexing it:D

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

enjoythegulf

5 Year Member
Mia has found her home...

Thank you everyone...
You are all amazing and I so respect your commitment to the beautiful Torts.. It is so hard giving my Mia up, but I know I am doing what is best for her health and well-being.

-April

SANDRA_MEISSNEST said:
Lol..why dont u show a pic,then we can also help sexing it:D

Sandra,

I will let her new mommy and daddy figure out her sex.. I imagine they will be posting some pics! Thanks so much..

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Thanks April,
And yes i think you doing the right thing :rolleyes:

enjoythegulf

5 Year Member
Thank you for your inquiry..

She is going to her new home on Friday. I am driving her.

I am sad but feel really great about who is taking her. They do not breed or sell for profit but adore Tortoise and provide the very best of care.

Your list of animals sounds like a really fun place too...

Thanks So Much,
April
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.