beauty shots of Dr. P

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
well, lemon is my little late-sleeper, good-hider, hermit spider tortoise, so here are some new pictures of dr.p:

i used to get them out of their hides in the mornging, give them their morning soak, feed them, and then dig them up again and spray them down 1-2 times throughout the day. recently i got a heat cable and i buried it under their substrate on two sides of their enclosure to give them the option of warmer underground areas, and those areas i water down to keep the humidity up, so since i have been doing that i've begun to only spray them with a spray bottle when i bring their food in, and i've never known this before but they go absolutely bonkers! they both run around, using more energy than i've ever seen them burn at one time, and they both suddenly find the rocks and dirt in their enclosure very interesting... i'm not sure why, they walk around poking their noses at the dirt or rocks every few steps they take.

it's absolutely delightful to see them moving around so much!!!

today they actually both ran towards me (lol, a tortoise run that is) and the spray bottle, i think they're coming to recognize and remember what i'm doing, and they must like it. or they're trying to run me off, bc they're sick of me...! then dr.p veered off and lemon became very interested in the cactus and avacado and red leaf lettuce. it was a great kodiak moment, but by the time i got my camera lemon was back in bed, and dr.p contentedly eating, but a refilled spray bottle got him moving again!

i think spiders are so beautiful, just wanted to share some pics with you! the first is of dr.p eating some avacado:

IMG_9467.jpg

this is him feeling the urge to move:

IMG_9482.jpg

all the way to the back of the enclosure and under a plant:

IMG_9484.jpg

finding a wall he turns around and finds something interesting about this stick:

IMG_9488.jpg

at first i didn't see it but now it seems that there has been some softened mazuri that escaped a clean up. that may be what was so interesting about the stick...!

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, Va
Very cool tortoises. I dont know what it is about sticks, but my sulcata has the same fascination.

Status
Not open for further replies.