Becky is home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
Hi,

I picked up Becky on Sunday and met Larry G. This was a wonderful experience for me because, I don't know anybody with a tortoise! I live in Brooklyn, NY! The only tortoises that I have seen were a few from time to time at a pet store and the one that I owned. In spite of my lack of tortoise exposure, I would have to say that Larry G. would have to be considered tortoise royalty! His Stars are so Beautiful!!! And his set-up is amazing. Interestingly, I was able to pick my Becky out of a group of maybe 30+ hatchlings and Larry was amazed that I could find her.

When Becky was introduced to her new enclosure, she was a very busy girl. She literally inspected every inch of her new home for over two hours! She would taste a little bit of her greens and then walk over to the cuttle bone and take a bite, then check out her hide. Then she would walk around the perimeter of the tank a do it all over again. It was really cute. She is an active, busy little tortoise.

I will try to take a few photos in the next couple of days. At the moment, I am just letting her get acclimated to her new environment and my hovering hand! The weigh-in and the tape measure is coming really soon!

Thank you (forum) for sharing all of your knowledge and experiences with me and the other members on this forum. It has been such a great experience reading all of your threads and posts. I feel that with your help I will be able to raise this little hatchling with with the confidence that I need for taking on this little treasure. Her little star has made my life a little brighter!

Sincerely, Claudia

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. They are too cute aren't they. Don't forget the pictures, love seeing them.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Becky\'s water.JPGBecky 1month.JPGBecky 2nd action shot.JPGBecky has had enough !.JPGWell today is Becky's birthday! She is one month old! She is 24 kg and a little more than 1 1/2 inches. Tiny little girl. I thought that today was a good day to take some photos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yash Raj

5 Year Member
CLMoss said:
Well today is Becky's birthday! She is one month old! She is 24 kg and a little more than 1 1/2 inches. Tiny little girl. I thought that today was a good day to take some photos.

24 Kg. !!!
:p
:D
Beautiful...
:)

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Yash Raj said:
CLMoss said:
Well today is Becky's birthday! She is one month old! She is 24 kg and a little more than 1 1/2 inches. Tiny little girl. I thought that today was a good day to take some photos.

24 Kg. !!!
:p
:D
Beautiful...
:)

Is that a good weight?

Yash Raj

5 Year Member
No. It's a mistake.
24 Kg. = 53 Pound !
Where do you live ?
How you weighted her ?
Is it 24 Gram ?

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Congratulations! Great looking star. I can't wait to see how big it is in a couple years! :cool:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
How fun for you. That would be cool to actually pick one out from the breeder. I chose mine by photos which was fine but to actually see them is really cool. Good luck with her. She is a cutie.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Yash Raj said:
No. It's a mistake.
24 Kg. = 53 Pound !
Where do you live ?
How you weighted her ?
Is it 24 Gram ?

I live in BROOKLYN ! What do you expect! LOL!!! I just can't see that well and we don't use the metric system.

Momof4 said:
How fun for you. That would be cool to actually pick one out from the breeder. I chose mine by photos which was fine but to actually see them is really cool. Good luck with her. She is a cutie.

Thank you! It was nice to be able to bring her home rather than via mail. And a great learning experience to see different set-ups. But what was really amazing is to see how big these SL Stars get! Some of his females a really big! ~C

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Congrats, I'm so excited for you! I guess this means I have to contact Larry again after the holidays ;) (whether or not I can afford any new baby's yet is another story :(...suppose I could eat ramen all summer :))

I love how everything in her enclosure is baby-proofed, adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.