bedding/flooring ideas for large Aldabra sheds/barns

Joshmarki

Location (City and/or State)
az
So after buying a new property I have a new 12x8 tuff shed being built for my Aldabra. Currently I use Rubbermaid 8x8 shed and it's worked great. I leave it bare bottomed (the floors are hollow core molded plastic) and can easily hose/muck/clean the shed floor ea morning as needed. With the new shed though It will have a wood floor/walls and hosing that out daily won't be possible. So those of you with wood buildings what do you use on the floor? Rubber horse stall mats? Hay? Dirt? Or? Any input would be welcome. Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So after buying a new property I have a new 12x8 tuff shed being built for my Aldabra. Currently I use Rubbermaid 8x8 shed and it's worked great. I leave it bare bottomed (the floors are hollow core molded plastic) and can easily hose/muck/clean the shed floor ea morning as needed. With the new shed though It will have a wood floor/walls and hosing that out daily won't be possible. So those of you with wood buildings what do you use on the floor? Rubber horse stall mats? Hay? Dirt? Or? Any input would be welcome. Thanks!
You will first need to seriously waterproof those floors and at least a foot or two up the walls. THEN the rubber horse stall mats go down, and you can hose them to clean as needed.

Alternatively, bare wood with a thin layer of dry dirt works too, but you'll need to add humidity for an Aldabra.