Not open for further replies.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
Anyone ever been bit by their sulcata?

I haven't gotten bit - yet.

Let me make this clear - Percy has never tried to bite me out of violence. In order to get to know him better and him to not be so shy and scared around me, I have been spending a lot of time next to his container and with my hands in his container. We've dug together, he eats out of my hand and he has tried to burrow in my lap on "walks."

So today I had my hand in his container and I saw him going to smell it, so I let him - then - I guess my hand is the same color as a hibiscus flower - he tried to eat my fingernail!

So I have considered letting him bite me - just so he knows what I am made of - but will it hurt? Anyone know?

By the way I know I sound crazy - but he has really warmed up to me in the past few days - he comes out when tap on his burrow and he lets me take pictures close up of him while he eats, etc.

Thanks!

bdoyle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hamilton, Ontario, CAN
funny that you post this, my young sulcata bit my finger today while i was hand feeling some clover to him,

it didnt hurt.. i would compare it to a mouse bite or girbil bite.. but without the sharpness to it..

definately nothing to fear...

he realized quite quick that what he bit wasnt his food and et go straight away.

SULCATACRAZY

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sunny So Cal, USA
I've only been bit while hand feedig a banana, it hurt a bit, but he's a big boy. I'm more afraid of him stepping on my foot! LOL

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
Now that I can hand feed him I can get him to eat the prickly pear - before it was too hard for him to eat by himself and I didn't want to cut it up too small - it gets black really quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.