Been here for a while but never said hello

kezilulu

Hi all my name is Kerrie and I have a Russian called Sheldon and we love in Manchester in the U.K
I've actually been on the forum and posting threads/replying for a few months now but I've never done an introduction post! (My first post was a panic about Sheldon being unwell lol)
So after 3 months I'm still a neurotic tortoise mum, there are MANY things I want to change to ensure Sheldon has the best torty life possible!
I'm still a little worried whether Sheldon is fighting a long term URI but he only appears a little off when I'm with him and so everyone keeps telling me he's fine including the vet when I took him a couple of months ago.
Sheldon also appears to have two of the scutes on his belly/undershell (can't remember the correct word) peeling, I've sniffed them but can't smell anything (although I'm not sure what smell I should be expecting?!) so I'm worried in case this isn't normal shell regeneration? Or is his enclosure flooring too damp and causing it? I use coco coir which I keep damp but and trying to keep the top layer a bit dryer in case that's the problem?
He eats like mad and is active so perhaps I'm worrying over nothing but having had him in my life I don't want to lose him!
I love this forum everyone is so friendly and helpful, I don't know what I'd do without you all!
Kerrie & Sheldon [TURTLE]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kerrie:

Its nice to finally be able to welcome you to the Forum!

kezilulu

You should have just shouted at me and told me to get myself introduced! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
xXx

P.S thank you!
xXx

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Kerrie welcome. I love it when people start chiming in that have been on TFO for a while.

tellablue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hi, Kerrie. I know exactly how you feel. I've had my baby tortoise for seven months and regularly "freak out" over whether I am doing everything right. I keep hoping that I will eventually be able to just enjoy him.