Before I spend every penny I own on a giant bag of mazuri...

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
I got some repackaged mazuri off of ebay as well, to make sure that Darwin liked it, and for the short-term will probably keep buying it that way as 5 pounds filled 3 half-gallon mason jars with some left over for a ziplock ... that'll feed Darwin for a while are his current rate of consumption (a couple of pieces a few times a week).

Jamie

Zilla

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Is it worth it? My Sulcata is currently a little bigger than 7 inches, and it’s getting a bit hard to feed him with winter coming in. I already have him eating orchard hay which definitely helps amend the grocery store food that I know I’m going to start having to give him soon(and I can’t find endive/escarole for the life of me), and I think he would appreciate having some tortoise crack once or twice a week. He’s also going to be living outside full time soon in the insulated nightbox I’m making in my construction class(pictures will come when it’s done ;)), and from what I’ve heard, mazuri can get them growing pretty quick. 7 inches is a bit on the small side for going outside, isn’t it?

Being too young for a job, money is a bit scarce when it comes to buying things like this that I technically don’t need, and the mazuri would take up almost every bit of the 50 dollars I’ve started saving up for a ball python enclosure over the past few months, if you include shipping and tax. I can obviously wait to get a ball python and it would do me some good to do some more research, but... that’s a lot of money to spend on one thing, lol.

So before I spend all of the money I’ve saved up over the past few months, is it worth it? I really want to get it, but at the same time, I’m just a little worried Curtis will be an ungrateful child and decide he doesn’t like it and I’ll have bought a 25 pound bag of pellets for nothing.

I'll bet that if you ask Nicely a store would let you take just a tiny bit home to try. Tell them that you will start buying it from them if he likes it.