BEHR Enamel Semi Gloss Paint Safe?

Souptugo

5 Year Member
I built my little Hermann a new enclosure. I used sanded laminated pine for it's light weight and it's smooth finished surface. The open top table is 12" x 30" x 60". He is a juvenile and 1 years old. He weighs 190 grams. I think this size is good until he gets bigger. I am attaching wheels at the bottom for easy movement of the enclosure for cleaning the floor around it etc.. I have built a similar one before but it's a bit smaller when he was a baby.

Did a lot of searching on the threads and seems like most paints are safe once cured. Alkyd enamel is apparently quite good long term. Spoke with Home Depot gentleman regarding what is the BEST enamel paint and he gave me the following.

BEHR Marquee Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel

Does anyone have experience with this type of paint? Thanks. Not sure the difference between this and 'alkyd' enamel. I bought this over the alkyd because the guy said it's the best on the market.

James

IMG_7314.jpg IMG_7310.jpg IMG_7314.jpg

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
I have no experience with that brand , but as you said " most paints are safe once cured" and I see no reason that brand would be any different .

TKL

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
The alkyd enamel is in simple terms a hybrid oil/ water based paint, its supposed to give the feel of an oil based but with the convenience of soap and water clean up. The Marquee is acrylic based. It has less of a smell than the alkyd but is thicker.