Best aquarium heaters?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Any recommendations for a good aquarium heater?
I have a 40 gallon breeder tank, but am only keeping 20-30 gal water in it, so was going to get a heater that would work up to 60 gal, just to be on the safe side. I plan to have freshwater fish in with my turtle.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I've had good luck with the Aqueon Pro submersible heaters:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GKN12A/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I've used 50w, 100w, 150w, and 200w in various aquariums over the years. I've had one or two stop working properly after 5+ years but overall they're reliable and I don't worry about them exploding or anything :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
You're welcome! The light alternates between red when it is heating, and green when the temp is warm enough. The ones that failed began to blink red instead of switching between red and green. As I said it was years before this happened and I would still recommend them and use them, just watch out for blinking red lights [emoji846]

I hope Jacques is doing well!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Most later types are completely submersible and have suction cups.
You can mount them sideways.
I use the type with a guard that stops accidental burning since I had a cichlid get half cooked from getting stuck behind a heater.
I have HAGEN. But there really are none that are unreliable. Just some have easier to set and maintain thermostats.
I like the adjustable dials.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
You're welcome! The light alternates between red when it is heating, and green when the temp is warm enough. The ones that failed began to blink red instead of switching between red and green. As I said it was years before this happened and I would still recommend them and use them, just watch out for blinking red lights [emoji846]

I hope Jacques is doing well!
She's doing great, thanks- I'm about to make another post on her thread! ;):)

south12_9

Chicago
I'm having very good luck with A Falufa 200e series heater...
I have it in a 55 gallon tank for our RES Big Sexy... it has a plastic housing away from the heating element a digital LCD screen for temperature awesome little heater very satisfied with it..

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm having very good luck with A Falufa 200e series heater...
I have it in a 55 gallon tank for our RES Big Sexy... it has a plastic housing away from the heating element a digital LCD screen for temperature awesome little heater very satisfied with it..

Thanks, south12_9 [emoji2][emoji173]️

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Most later types are completely submersible and have suction cups.
You can mount them sideways.
I use the type with a guard that stops accidental burning since I had a cichlid get half cooked from getting stuck behind a heater.
I have HAGEN. But there really are none that are unreliable. Just some have easier to set and maintain thermostats.
I like the adjustable dials.
Ours is Fluval. I agree that the main brands are reliable... they fail very rarely. Unfortunately our last one (Hagen I think) did fail last year, but only after many years service

kms899

UK/Hong Kong
I use the Newa therma pro which is the a rebanded version of the Aqueon Pro submersible heaters, or vice versa for the European and Asian market. the temp control is +2 degree Celsius above what is set when purchased new, apparently the pointer put on at the wrong temp setting, it can be fixed, you pull the pointer off with a slight force, and with testing put it back on, since I have a expensive C trifasciata, I added a external temp controller for added protection for auto power cut off

south12_9

Chicago
I does anyone have any experience with this brand???? It looks Good & safe. Found it on eBay.%24_12.jpeg