Best Concert Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey everyone :D,
I would like to know what is the best concert you have ever been to?
My top favorites are
Josh Groban
Sarah Brightman
Cher
Bush
Green Day

Okay..now your list

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is only one.

The Cure. Disintegration tour. 1990.

Well okay Offspring was good too. And the Presidents of the United States of America...

Although being ON THE STAGE with James Hetfield singing (screaming) right at us was pretty cool too... "gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire..."

Just saw Duran Duran a few months ago, but that was more for my wife...

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Tom said:
There is only one.

The Cure. Disintegration tour. 1990.

Well okay Offspring was good too. And the Presidents of the United States of America...

Although being ON THE STAGE with James Hetfield singing (screaming) right at us was pretty cool too... "gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire..."

Just saw Duran Duran a few months ago, but that was more for my wife...
Tom,
I am so jealous that you got to see the Offspring and James Hatfield! Exit light, Enter night..take my hand off to never never land!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Offspring was one of the roudiest concerts I ever went too. The slam pits were serious there. When they played "bad habit" bones were broken and ambulances were called...

It was AWESOME!!!

Disclaimer: I am in no way admitting publicly that I was responsible for breaking anyone else's bones or noses, no matter what they may or may not have said or done to my girlfriend at the time...

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
CLUTCH (5 times)
Stevie Ray Vaughn(3 times)
Jerry Lee Lewis(my first,5yrs old)
Pantera

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band San Diego 9/2/1981
Van Halen...ALL 3 nights of the Fair Warning Tour in LA 6/19/20/21/1981
OZZY (w/ Randy Rhoads) Long Beach Arena 6/27/1981
Guns n Roses/Metallica Rose Bowl 10/3/1992
KISS/Ted Nugent Anaheim Stadium 8/20/1976

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Tom said:
Offspring was one of the roudiest concerts I ever went too. The slam pits were serious there. When they played "bad habit" bones were broken and ambulances were called...

Everytime I play that song while I am driving, I turn it up and rock it!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The Atlantic City Pop Festival, August 1,2,3, 1969. Iron Butterfly, Procal Haram, Booker T and The M.G.s,Joni Mitchel,(who didn't finish her performance) Chicago Transit Authority, Santana Blues Band, Jefferson Airplane, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Lighthouse, Crazy World Of Authur Brown, B B King,The Butterfield Blues Band, Tim Buckley, Byrds, Janis Joplin, Canned Heat, The Mothers Of Invention, Three Dog Night, DR John, Joe Cocker, The Chambers Brothers,and Aum, who started it all off. I have always felt that this was the last really great concert on the east coast.The 3 day ticket cost $15 and if you just went for 1 day the cost was $6.The Woodstock tickets were on sale at the same time as the Atlantic City tickets,went to the A C concert because it was closer,I think I made the right choice.Everyone knows what a mess Woodstock was. Probably 3 of the most fun days I ever had, I do remember some of it.There were some other performers but can't think of them at the moment, I did get to meet Johnny Winter but he didn't play. Len

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
??Len?? said:
The Atlantic City Pop Festival, August 1,2,3, 1969. Iron Butterfly, Procal Haram, Booker T and The M.G.s,Joni Mitchel,(who didn't finish her performance) Chicago Transit Authority, Santana Blues Band, Jefferson Airplane, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Lighthouse, Crazy World Of Authur Brown, B B King,The Butterfield Blues Band, Tim Buckley, Byrds, Janis Joplin, Canned Heat, The Mothers Of Invention, Three Dog Night, DR John, Joe Cocker, The Chambers Brothers,and Aum, who started it all off. I have always felt that this was the last really great concert on the east coast.The 3 day ticket cost $15 and if you just went for 1 day the cost was $6.The Woodstock tickets were on sale at the same time as the Atlantic City tickets,went to the A C concert because it was closer,I think I made the right choice.Everyone knows what a mess Woodstock was. Probably 3 of the most fun days I ever had, I do remember some of it.There were some other performers but can't think of them at the moment, I did get to meet Johnny Winter but he didn't play. Len
Wow! I'm in awe.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Not necessarily for the music, but mine would have to be Busted's first tour. Obviously I was a young teen at the time, and I'd been to concerts before but never for any band/group I liked as much as Busted. I was absolutely mad about their music and it was the first concert I'd desperately wanted tickets for - I ended up getting them and I remember being more excited than I can ever begin to describe before they came on, and the whole atmosphere being fantastic. It was quite an intimate performance in a fairly small room, but that just made it better for me, and I took along a dictaphone and recorded the whole thing so I could relive it again and again.

Other gigs I've been to in my life include Take That, Boyzone, Boy Kill Boy, MJ, Ronan Keating, Jason Donovan, Davy Jones, McFly, a Busted gig in a far bigger stadium and a festival where I can only remember the performances of Simple Minds (which I didn't enjoy), and Pendulum (which I loved). A lot of the gigs I've been to have been for groups/singers that other people wanted to see - all ones that I enjoyed a lot, but I just can't justify spending money on gig tickets for myself. I have such a varied taste in music nowadays, from celtic and opera, pop and Disney soundtracks to rock, punk, rap and dance music that I could probably find plenty I'd enjoy if I looked. In fact, just looking at that initial list, I would LOVE to see Josh Groban and Greenday live.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, when i was a kid, my sister took me to my first concert. it was slade and a group i never heard of called zz top. i couldnt wait for slade.they were good, but then these bearded guys came out spinning their guitars and it blew my mind! i will never forget them. lindy

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
G 'n R put on the best show ever. Saw them 3 times. Metallica was great b4 the round thing. Pantera cost me 1/2 my hearing but was amazing. White Zombie and Green Day. Recently saw Steve Miller Band - great show! so many more - that's my top list off the top of my head.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Jefferson Airplane - Kent state 1970....Velvet Underground early 70's....David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust tour....Bob Dylan 2009....Rolling Stones 1970....King Crimson 1970's....Pink Floyd 1971....Frank Zappa and the mothers 8 times in the 70's and 80's....Concerts were cheap back then maybe $5.00... I missed very few.

MarkE

5 Year Member
Roger Waters "The Wall" tour was visually by far the best show I've ever seen.. By far.....
Best performances?
Rose Hill Drive 2006 Chicago
Black Crowes Halloween Chicago 05
Iron Maiden Chicago 1984
Black Crowes Colubus OH 2005
Metallica (with Cliff)
Anything that Jimmy Page graces the stage with...

Too many more, I love to go see shows!
MarkE

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
MarkE said:
Roger Waters "The Wall" tour was visually by far the best show I've ever seen.. By far.....
Best performances?
Iron Maiden Chicago 1984
Metallica (with Cliff)

MarkE

Saw two nights of THE WALL performed by Pink Floyd back in Feb 1980 at the LA Sports Arena...stunning visuals...but too many malfunctions...

I left one out of my list...the most fun I EVER had at a show...

CAL JAM 2

I was 15 and a HUGE Ted Nugent fan at the time...and he was without a doubt the best one out there that day! Aerosmith was boring. Mahogany Rush was the next best group out there! Frank Marino could really make that guitar sing!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I remember going to see Michael Bolton in concert at (I think it was the Rose Bowl) and his opening act was a new female just coming out. Her name was.........Celine Dion. Can you imagine? :p At the time I just remember thinking that her performance on stage was better then his. He kept changing outfits and it took him so long that we left. :( I wish we could have seen more of her. The only other concert that I have ever seen was Julio Iglesias because I just loved him at the time. :D

MarkE

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
MarkE said:
Best performances?
Iron Maiden Chicago 1984
Metallica (with Cliff)

MarkE

Saw two nights of THE WALL performed by Pink Floyd back in Feb 1980 at the LA Sports Arena...stunning visuals...but too many malfunctions...

I left one out of my list...the most fun I EVER had at a show...

CAL JAM 2

I was 15 and a HUGE Ted Nugent fan at the time...and he was without a doubt the best one out there that day! Aerosmith was boring. Mahogany Rush was the next best group out there! Frank Marino could really make that guitar sing!
Ive seen Frank Marino a few times in the last decade, that guy is crazy good. A true underrated guitarist.. Played 3.5 hr. shows everytime..
MarkE

Status
Not open for further replies.