Best concert you’ve been to

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Fan of Elton John.. conway and korman i have no clue haha
Oh man, you have missed a classic...The Carol Burnett Show. This is one of the Conway/Korman skits most remembered. If you laugh at this, I highly recommend you search for more from that show.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
OMG.. To have seen Janis. And Cream before Clapton became his own thing.

Most memorable::
Marilyn Manson. Back in late 90's. Got in a fight with a chick wearing ICP garb who slammed her big butt into me while she was "moshing". Then got into a verbal disagreement with a preacher outside, who got arrested for spitting at me.

Indianapolis Jazz festival. Bruce Hornsby and Chris Isaak. Got all kinds of crazy because I was there dancing in a silver flapper style fringed dress. Pulled on stage, and filmed by local news stations.

Regrets::
Didn't go see Robin Williams when he was doing his college tour, then he died a few months later.
Same for Sam Kinison and Richard Pryor.
Amy Winehouse.
Nirvana.
And soooo much 60's music that is before my time. I would have gone to Woodstock.

-Meg

You are so right about Clapton still being with Cream and Ginger Baker was the drummer...but check this out...I was born and raised in San Francisco...and one night (before The Fillmore Auditorium opened) Janis was appearing at the Carousel Ballroom...opening for Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks...the stage was a platform about a foot high...there was this hippie chick sitting on the platform...smokin a joint. Never one to miss a chance, I sat down and offered her some of my tequila...she says in a gravelly voice "oh hell no! try this", so we sat there and smoked and drank Southern Comfort until the show started...and now you know the rest of the story...yep

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
This may be my last post ever.. if so its been fun lol
Oh Hell NO!!! I got your back bud...I watched that video the whole way thru even tho I knew that monologue almost by heart and I still laughed... damn he was funny...might have put a warning on it tho...there are some people who will say this is a family forum...in that case...mind your kids... there's also adults on here...lol

Sa Ga

MN
Within Temptation. It was a smaller venue and like having a concert in your half finished basement. It was laid back, intimate, and people were well-behaved so they added to the show, rather than detract.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
My favorite happened in August 1969 at the Atlantic Race Way a couple weeks before Woodstock. It was named The Alantic City Pop Festival. It was a 3 day festival That cost $15 for all 3 days. A Band called Aum opened it and they were great but never heard of them again. After them I don't remember the order or day they performed but Iron Butterfly, Chicago, Canned Heat, Procal Harum, Janis Joplin, The Chambers Brothers, Santana, Three Dog Night, Little Richard, Joe Cocker, Moody Blues, Sha Na Na, B B King, CCR, Booker T and the MGs, Dr John, and Jefferson Airplane. There were more but off the top of my head I can't remember.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
My favorite happened in August 1969 at the Atlantic Race Way a couple weeks before Woodstock. It was named The Alantic City Pop Festival. It was a 3 day festival That cost $15 for all 3 days. A Band called Aum opened it and they were great but never heard of them again. After them I don't remember the order or day they performed but Iron Butterfly, Chicago, Canned Heat, Procal Harum, Janis Joplin, The Chambers Brothers, Santana, Three Dog Night, Little Richard, Joe Cocker, Moody Blues, Sha Na Na, B B King, CCR, Booker T and the MGs, Dr John, and Jefferson Airplane. There were more but off the top of my head I can't remember.
Wow! You saw them all! I liked the Moody Blues.