Best housing for marginated tortoise?

Fueledbylatte

Location (City and/or State)
Quedgeley, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
So I have a marginated tortoise who is about 2 years old now. What is the best kind of viv for this breed of tortoise? She seems to be getting bored so advice would really help.

Another issue I have been having is lighting. We have a combi heat\uv light that cost a lot of money and we were told it would last for a long time. Recently, it has been turning off after a bit and then turning straight back on and keeps flickering, even though its on a timer. Is this an issue with the bulb, or is the timer playing up?

I have attached pictures of her current viv, as well as the outdoor enclosure.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me, I just want to make her happy :)

Attachments

• DSC_0418.JPG
    DSC_0418.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
  • 2015-04-11 13.10.53.jpg
    2015-04-11 13.10.53.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Thank you, she seems to be getting bored though because she just sits there all day, only moving to eat a bit now and again
Tortoises take quite a long time to adapt to a new place, environment, people/faces, temperature and so on. Therefore, don't worry. I guess we all experienced this stage. Just be as patient as you can,:) and good luck.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
Especially the outdoor enclosure seems to be very small and boring.
Maybe you should look at pictures of their natural evironment, there are no tutored lawns at all. Try to give her more space, remove the grass and put in some weeds and stones instead, I'm sure she would love it. ;)

What light do you have?