Best indoors habitat for red eared turtles.

nanis

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
Hi, I was hoping y'all could help me build my habitat for my one-year-old turtle. I've tried to do my best but I'm completely lost. I don't know what is the best filter to buy, what water heater, what heat lamp. I thought I was doing a good job but while doing more research I realized that I wasn't. If you could tell me what filters have worked the best for you or what is the best option I would really appreciate it. Please heeeeelp. :((

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
Hi, I was hoping y'all could help me build my habitat for my one-year-old turtle. I've tried to do my best but I'm completely lost. I don't know what is the best filter to buy, what water heater, what heat lamp. I thought I was doing a good job but while doing more research I realized that I wasn't. If you could tell me what filters have worked the best for you or what is the best option I would really appreciate it. Please heeeeelp. :((
Don't stress it.You could get a stock tank, however I can't imagine it being very big at a year old. A 20 gallon could do for now, but get creative. You could use a stock tub as suggested, a kiddie pool so long as it's escape proof, or buy a small pond from Lowes or something. As far as products I don't have specific brands, as I predominantly keep my turtles outside aside from hatchlings. You need a good uvb bulb, maybe from zoo med and a basking heat light. As far as water heaters, you could check Amazon, just be sure to read the reviews. I use a cheap canister filter I got for 30 bucks on there. They're good for the price and keep the water clean, but turtles produce a lot of waste, so you'd have to clean it every two weeks or so. Lastly somewhere to bask. You could use drift wood, a rock or buy a man made basking dock.