Best on-line company to order baby Sulcata Tortoises

Suzyszoo

5 Year Member
Are you stateside? If so, I highly recommend @Lancecham. That's where I got mine and are super healthy & gorgeous! Best of luck to you in acquiring your new tort!

zovick

10 Year Member!
Looking for recommendations online to purchase baby Sulcata tortoises from
It appears from your user name that you probably know something about dogs. Buying a baby tortoise is just like buying a puppy. You are best off buying directly from the breeder of the animal rather than from a "company" or middleman who is just buying babies from breeders at wholesale prices and then flipping them to unsuspecting buyers. A good breeder will have all the info on when the baby hatched, pictures of the parents or possible parents, and can tell you what to feed, etc., just as a dog breeder would be able to do, plus be able to show you at least the mother of the litter if the sire were not on the premises (an exception might be if the dam is a show dog and is gone to shows, but still, the breeder should have lots of photos of his/her own dog).

That being said, any of the above recommendations are good breeders and you can buy your baby from any one of them with confidence.

Last edited: