Best place to buy an Egyptian Tortoise?

ManicTurt

Location (City and/or State)
Fairfield, CA
Hello all! I love reptiles and am finally ready to get an Egyptian tortoise. I don't exactly know where to go and I was trying to find something more reasonably priced so I don't spend over a grand. I can't find much online but I have never seen any breeders near my area. Should I wait and hope to see one at a reptile expo? They seem so hard to come across so I am not sure what route to take for this commitment. Thank you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello all! I love reptiles and am finally ready to get an Egyptian tortoise. I don't exactly know where to go and I was trying to find something more reasonably priced so I don't spend over a grand. I can't find much online but I have never seen any breeders near my area. Should I wait and hope to see one at a reptile expo? They seem so hard to come across so I am not sure what route to take for this commitment. Thank you!
I know a guy. I'll check in with him and see how this season is shaping up for him. If he's got some for you, I'll send you his info.

ManicTurt

Fairfield, CA
I know a guy. I'll check in with him and see how this season is shaping up for him. If he's got some for you, I'll send you his info.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help! I'm would be happy to wait for a while too if he doesn't have anything immediately.

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
I just checked the website, it looks wonderful! I will try to find more information on the site. Thank you for the recommendation.
Yeah, his sites are great! Also check his Hermannihaven.com more specifically for Testudos and Egyptian tortoises.