Best Tortoise Enclosure Yet!!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
I don’t know about you but my Carpenter’s hourly rate is $50. Now add in materials and boom! You are under charging and over delivering.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Just wanted to update this with shipping info.

The unit here is a 4 ft x 3 ft enclosure that is expandable as it is modular. The best rates I have found for shipping this is quite high. Packed for shipping it is 48"x36"x11" and weighs 100 lbs. To ship to the east coast runs about $320. The Midwest about $250. To ship two units gives either 2 complete units or can be combined for one 8 ft x 3 ft enclosure the shipping runs about 25%-33% more.

I also have the same enclosure in smaller sizes. A 3 ft x 2 ft, and a 4ft x 2 ft. All enclosures are modular so they can be slipped together to double or even triple the size.

So interested parties can let me know as I can ship now.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
New prices coming for 2020.

36x24 = $579.00
48x24 = $649.00
48x36 = $729.00

Upgrade options. If purchased with enclosure:
40 watt RHP = $70.00
22" T5 12% UVB bulb & fixture = $55.00
8.5" ceramic base dome fixt = $11.00

But if you pick up at the Anaheim Reptile Super Show 4/5 January 2020, AND pre-order with a 50% deposit before 15 December 2019, you can take $50 off. This will be a widely circulated offer, as @Markw84 can only build so many at a time, he may pull this offer. So let Mark know if you want one. Aside from the discount, you'll also be saving about $200 in delivery fees. A few well know breeders are buying these in groups of a dozen or so. Think about that!!! Imagine being able to get such a great enclosure, you don't have to imagine, it's here, this IS the enclosure you have been hoping 'someone would build'.

All of these now come with LED lights installed in the base price, you would only ad the UVA/UVB light/fixture. This is as close to "Plug-N-Play" as it gets. If you already have a heat and UV system, no need to buy more, if you don't, they come with the upgrade options and you set the pieces together and place substrate and 'furniture' and you are done. These enclosures are Smart Enclosures and can be monitored/managed from your phone, or on the enclosure itself.

I'm happy to promote Mark's Excellent Enclosures which are Smart Enclosures. They are user friendly and so well constructed Mark is having to fight off offers from IKEA to move to Sweden and design sensible furniture (I kid, I kid).

Contact Mark directly for this offer.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Just wanted to update this with shipping info.

The unit here is a 4 ft x 3 ft enclosure that is expandable as it is modular. The best rates I have found for shipping this is quite high. Packed for shipping it is 48"x36"x11" and weighs 100 lbs. To ship to the east coast runs about $320. The Midwest about $250. To ship two units gives either 2 complete units or can be combined for one 8 ft x 3 ft enclosure the shipping runs about 25%-33% more.

I also have the same enclosure in smaller sizes. A 3 ft x 2 ft, and a 4ft x 2 ft. All enclosures are modular so they can be slipped together to double or even triple the size.

So interested parties can let me know as I can ship now.

So very happy to hear this Mark84!!!

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
New prices coming for 2020.

36x24 = $579.00
48x24 = $649.00
48x36 = $729.00

Upgrade options. If purchased with enclosure:
40 watt RHP = $70.00
22" T5 12% UVB bulb & fixture = $55.00
8.5" ceramic base dome fixt = $11.00

But if you pick up at the Anaheim Reptile Super Show 4/5 January 2020, AND pre-order with a 50% deposit before 15 December 2019, you can take $50 off. This will be a widely circulated offer, as @Markw84 can only build so many at a time, he may pull this offer. So let Mark know if you want one. Aside from the discount, you'll also be saving about $200 in delivery fees. A few well know breeders are buying these in groups of a dozen or so. Think about that!!! Imagine being able to get such a great enclosure, you don't have to imagine, it's here, this IS the enclosure you have been hoping 'someone would build'.

All of these now come with LED lights installed in the base price, you would only ad the UVA/UVB light/fixture. This is as close to "Plug-N-Play" as it gets. If you already have a heat and UV system, no need to buy more, if you don't, they come with the upgrade options and you set the pieces together and place substrate and 'furniture' and you are done. These enclosures are Smart Enclosures and can be monitored/managed from your phone, or on the enclosure itself.

I'm happy to promote Mark's Excellent Enclosures which are Smart Enclosures. They are user friendly and so well constructed Mark is having to fight off offers from IKEA to move to Sweden and design sensible furniture (I kid, I kid).

Contact Mark directly for this offer.

Thank You Kapidolo Farms for the information. Fantastic prices for a Fantastic Cage. I like the name "Mark's Excellent Enclosures". Good job Mark84.

SummerMagpie31

Richland, WA
Thanks for the update!

Question- given that EPVC is not as strong as wood, what kind of support is needed underneath these enclosures? I just spent 20 minutes on google discovering how hard it is to find a table at least 48x36 for a price/quality ratio I was willing to pay for.

SummerMagpie31

Richland, WA
Adding: Sorry, I meant in terms of the size of the supportive surface underneath the enclosure, relative to the size of the enclosure’s footprint.
Table top > enclosure footprint?
Table top = enclosure footprint?
Table top < enclosure footprint?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Thanks for the update!

Question- given that EPVC is not as strong as wood, what kind of support is needed underneath these enclosures? I just spent 20 minutes on google discovering how hard it is to find a table at least 48x36 for a price/quality ratio I was willing to pay for.
As long as there is support withing a few inches of the edge of the enclosure, it will be adequate. If I were setting it on a 24" wide table, I would get a piece of 1/2" plywood cut to 36x48 to sit the enclosure on since there would be a 6" overhang front and back. If it were a 30" wide table, it would be fine with no additional material beneath it as it would just be a 3" overhang front and back. That is as long as the table has at least a 48" length to match the enclosure. You want the sides supported as that is where it would have all the strenght it needs for a 3" overhang in front/back.

Colorado Springs
How long can a Burmese star tortoise live in this enclosure? Can an adult live in this enclosure? I have a Russian tortoise now and would love a Burmese star in the future…

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi @Tinaaw7 I am located in Southern California between Redlands and Palm Springs, if you are asking me. @Markw84 I believe is located in Northern California (Sacramento).