BEWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I was very hesitant to post this thread; since I have some involvement. I recently came across an ad online advertising 3 Burmese stars for $ 1,400!. I instantly thought of an acquaintance, who is also a seller on kingsnake looking for Burmese’s. I called him immediately to inform him of this deal and at the same time I emailed the seller with my contact information. The seller contacted me within 2 hours informing me; he had a potential buyer (My acquaintance). The seller mentioned he had a colony of Indian stars 5.5. For sale - $ 1000! ; But they all had runny noses. I called my acquaintance to ask him to check out this colony for me; since I was interested in buying the group, but wouldn’t have the money until March 15th. He said I was more than welcome to come along and meet the seller, but I had prior commitments. Anyways, the next day I called him and he informed not only did he buy the colony I wanted, but also purchased other high end tortoises. Yes, I was a bit irritated since I let him know about the deal and he went ahead and bought the colony; but I got over it.

I can hear in his voice he had a bit of a guilty conscience. He mentioned he had purchased 2 adult male Radiated Tortoises and he would give me a great deal on one with a shell deformity. My curiosity won me over and I went to his house to check out the radiated. The Radiated was horribly pyramided and other one was very light in weight. He claimed he was treating all the tortoises from the sale for “Runny Nose Syndrome” and parasites, but he posted these tortoises on kingsnake within 2-3 days from the time he purchased them. I treated Fernando (Candy’s Tortoise) for 2 weeks for upper respiratory and it took time for his runny nose to clear up. This guy is only interested in making a quick buck...Beware! Due to TFO rules I can’t post his name. But you can PM me. My suggestion to all TFO members...Buy only from trusted sources! Known and trusted TFO members!

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
That's crazy i didn't know you wanted to buy the other colony... that's pretty shady on that guy's part though

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not somebody to have for a friend that's for sure.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Who needs enemys when you have friends like that,
These are the exact people that dont give a damn and see a tort, all they see when they look at an animal is $$$$$$.Makes my blood boil. argggg..
:(

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, he or she did you a favor. just write that person off. forget about it. what goes around..... lindy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty sure the reason for Walter's post was to warn his fellow forum members that there are some ill Burmese star tortoises being sold on Kingsnake. Thank you, Walter, for the warning.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think you are right Yvonne. He and I talked about this. This guy has also show some other "suspicious" signs in the past.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
If the post is still up on kingsnake maybe you should post the link here (with a big warning label) so they know exactly who not to buy from in the future.

Like we do for craiglist posters

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
He currently has Stars and Sri Lankans for sale on kingsnake. Thats the last comment Im going to make on this thread. Like I said before, buy only from known and trusted sources.

fmadrigal said:
If the post is still up on kingsnake maybe you should post the link here (with a big warning label) so they know exactly who not to buy from in the future.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Tortuga_terrestre said:
He currently has Stars and Sri Lankans for sale on kingsnake. Thats the last comment Im going to make on this thread. Like I said before, buy only from known and trusted sources.

fmadrigal said:

If you look close, you can see a bubble on one of the indian star's nose.

Tommy

10 Year Member!
Thanks for the heads up! I had been planning to call him about the Indian Stars. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.