Big apple pet supple heat rope problems

Momo

5 Year Member
Hey guys,
I just received my order of the heat cables. The problem is that the plug has two large prongs vs one large and one small. So I can't plug it in to anything! Making it useless. Has anyone had this problem or found a resolution?

I posted a pic on its own and with a proper North American plug!

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    792.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Is there any writing on the plug? You can look up the part number to see if it was meant to be like that but its likely to be a defect.

Momo

5 Year Member
I checked the big apple site, and the photo hides the plug. However lots of other TF users have the heat rope. SO i'm guessing it's a defect! I'm very disapointed. :(

Is there any writing on the plug? You can look up the part number to see if it was meant to be like that but its likely to be a defect.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
That's a non grounded plug. It will only fit into a socket or extention cord that is of the same design.
I wouldn't advocate filing off the protruding part. But you could. And it'd be fine.
By the way what are you using a heat rope for? I have one taped to the underside of my glass incubator.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Usually the wide blade is the polarized blade( neutral).. In reality it really doesn't matter as current will flow in either position.. Looks like a manufacturing defect.. Never seen a plug like that..

Momo

5 Year Member
That's a non grounded plug. It will only fit into a socket or extention cord that is of the same design.
I wouldn't advocate filing off the protruding part. But you could. And it'd be fine.
By the way what are you using a heat rope for? I have one taped to the underside of my glass incubator.

I'm redoing the tortoise enclosures, and will bury it in the soil. To add some humidity.