Big hello from Boston...

sharon teague

Location (City and/or State)
Peabody, ma
A big hello to all the forum from Boston...

What a fabulous forum and community you have here. Congrats and Thank you to all the founders and those who keep it running so smoothly. What a great service you provide! My name is Sharon and I am a mom of 6 kids over on this side of the 'big' Atlantic pond! I homeschool all of my children and we love to learn by doing... that means that whatever the kids fall in LOVE with... we learn as much as possible about that thing till we master it (or close to it). Each kid is different and that is what makes our journey so much fun! A Tortoise has been a dream of our 10 yr old boy Ambrose for the past 2 years. He has researched them and visited them at Zoos and exotic creature enclosures. He is hooked. As he says, being with a Tortoise just calms me down! Cant argue with that, right! So here we are about to embark on our new adventure this Christmas morning of welcoming his new partner in crime- his (not yet to named) red foot tortoise! I have scoured the newbie stuff and will be a daily visitor for sure as Ambrose and I learn together all there is to know about caring for his new best friend! Thanks again to all in this forum for creating such a great space to learn, share and be community!

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Welcome! Homeschooling 6 kids huh? Well, you certainly have my respect. I had a hard enough time with one, albeit he had aspergers and it felt like 6 kids.

And you're correct about our forum members. You will never find a more passionate, welcoming, and knowledgeable group than on TFO!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
A big hello to all the forum from Boston...

What a fabulous forum and community you have here. Congrats and Thank you to all the founders and those who keep it running so smoothly. What a great service you provide! My name is Sharon and I am a mom of 6 kids over on this side of the 'big' Atlantic pond! I homeschool all of my children and we love to learn by doing... that means that whatever the kids fall in LOVE with... we learn as much as possible about that thing till we master it (or close to it). Each kid is different and that is what makes our journey so much fun! A Tortoise has been a dream of our 10 yr old boy Ambrose for the past 2 years. He has researched them and visited them at Zoos and exotic creature enclosures. He is hooked. As he says, being with a Tortoise just calms me down! Cant argue with that, right! So here we are about to embark on our new adventure this Christmas morning of welcoming his new partner in crime- his (not yet to named) red foot tortoise! I have scoured the newbie stuff and will be a daily visitor for sure as Ambrose and I learn together all there is to know about caring for his new best friend! Thanks again to all in this forum for creating such a great space to learn, share and be community!

Welcome to TFO!

I'm also a newbie with a redfoot ... this is a great place to learn and ask for help.

Jamie

daniellenc

Maryland
Welcome and congrats! Red foot mom here as well and they’re amazing little guys!! Just do yourself a favor and get his enclosure dialed in before he comes home. Temps and humidity are super important for a baby RF but easy to achieve in a closed chamber.