• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Again, from my experience with big toads, there is almost always also evidence of large insect parts clearly visible.(in the poo)
There is a nearly softball sized one out living by my fish ponds and he regularly leaves me gifts.
I've left him alone because it's clear he has been munching on big roaches.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
You don't actually think I would put a stinky thing like a possum in my car do ya??? I wouldn't even take Bob to the Vet in it. I don't even eat in it....
Ask whoever helps you take Bob to the vet. Or call animal control. Or find someone to shoot it :)

M

Maggie Cummings

...Someone else who needs a pick-up truck?

Well, actually, I use my car that way. I moved from Fresno Calif to Tulsa in my IROC pulling a fully loaded 5'X8' U-Haul trailer. Made the round trip 5 freakin times and still passed everything on the road. I haul cement in my car, carry 200 pounds of sand during the winter for traction, haul wood, cinder blocks, dirt bags, (not men, but actual bags of dirt) hahahaha (sometimes I crack me up)but a misbehaving, giant pooping machine, no matter how loved, will NOT ever get to IROCKET...

M

Maggie Cummings

Oh, I forgot to say, empty trap this am, still with stinky cat food, but had 'coon paw prints in the mud....but my turds aren't coon. Guess since there a 'possum problem (so I was told) in my neighborhood, my poop is probably possum, so you can answer your phone to me now Y...Oh, William is there, I forgot...early onset dementia

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah taste it . haha Don't do that . A 22 works great at coon and opossum killing . Hit them with a bright light they will not move ,then pull the trigger .

puffy137

This here thread reminds me of an old Cheech & Chong skit. I'm of the mind the only way to really identify it would be to taste.
This could go on TV as a great series. The Golden Girls , but with animals as co-stars.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Well, actually, I use my car that way. I moved from Fresno Calif to Tulsa in my IROC pulling a fully loaded 5'X8' U-Haul trailer. Made the round trip 5 freakin times and still passed everything on the road. I haul cement in my car, carry 200 pounds of sand during the winter for traction, haul wood, cinder blocks, dirt bags, (not men, but actual bags of dirt) hahahaha (sometimes I crack me up)but a misbehaving, giant pooping machine, no matter how loved, will NOT ever get to IROCKET...
The Dirtbag part was pretty funny :) if all those things of been in your car I think one pissed off possum would be okay. Just wrap the cage in a tarp. Or don't any of your neighbors shoot possum? They are such nasty little critters, my neighbor had one as a pet. That's why my Russians outdoor pen has hardware cloth below and above. Luckily it ran away.

M

Maggie Cummings

This here thread reminds me of an old Cheech & Chong skit. I'm of the mind the only way to really identify it would be to taste.
I stuck my finger in it and smelled my finger, had an odd smell not nasty just odd, black and looks just like dog crap with a different consistency and not gross. To inform you Ken, my friend, I am performing this "Cheech and Chong skit" because possums carry terrible parasites and stuff made of germs, I'm sure I will be told the correct word, but in Maggie speak, they carry a lot of bad s**t that can harm my big Sulcata and the smaller that don't even go in the pool. Bob has spent every year during spring and summer in his pool. Now he's afraid of it, plus the sun has been shining here nicely but he has not come outside for 3 days nor has he eaten, so I'm sorry if trying to identify some crappy feces is funny to you.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I stuck my finger in it and smelled my finger, had an odd smell not nasty just odd, black and looks just like dog crap with a different consistency and not gross. To inform you Ken, my friend, I am performing this "Cheech and Chong skit" because possums carry terrible parasites and stuff made of germs, I'm sure I will be told the correct word, but in Maggie speak, they carry a lot of bad s**t that can harm my big Sulcata and the smaller that don't even go in the pool. Bob has spent every year during spring and summer in his pool. Now he's afraid of it, plus the sun has been shining here nicely but he has not come outside for 3 days nor has he eaten, so I'm sorry if trying to identify some crappy feces is funny to you.
See. To me this is odd because opossum poo smells very strongly. I was just thinking about your situation as I was cleaning out our project opossums cage. maybe yours is milder because he isn't eating cat foot, watermelon and raw liver......

M

Maggie Cummings

Again, an empty trap, cat food still stinking. Maybe this poop doesn't smell yucky to me because there's so much poop I clean daily smell does not bother me. I'll get this sucker tho, again Bob did not eat his breakfast, and it was hand picked too, the jerk. And the sun is out, but he is not. Damn. It bothers me so much when a Sulcata, ESPECIALLY Bob does not eat. Day 4, I can't stand what I think is coming.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Hurry up and trap that bad boy. Maybe try something other than cat food.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
OMG...lol. This might be THE most interesting thread on this forum:p:eek:!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ewwwwwww! You put your phalanges in it? You got a gut girl ! I'd puke. Haha When my son Matthew was little he came running up to me crying and pointing at his foot . He was at that age you couldn't understand what he was saying . My buddy an I was working on a boat motor in a big tank filled with water to tune the motor . Any ways I picked my boy up seen grass stuck to his foot not thinking I grabbed it . It was grass and dog crap ! I started puking because I had poop on my hand . He was crying . My buddy cleaned it off my son . He was laughing is butt off at me . I was puking and trying to wash my hand in the motor bucket . Good times, good times

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Toad poop doesn't smell. I just had to find out for you. I have an abundance of it around.
It's just no where near the size of THAT. Try putting out a few dry dog food pieces. Toads will eat the dry dog food. Unfortunately, so will a lot of other animals.
I can't believe the trap is empty!
How about an inexpensive "Trail cam".
I bought one at Walmart back when I was trying to determine what cat was crapping in my dog house.

M

Maggie Cummings

Toad poop doesn't smell. I just had to find out for you. I have an abundance of it around.
It's just no where near the size of THAT. Try putting out a few dry dog food pieces. Toads will eat the dry dog food. Unfortunately, so will a lot of other animals.
I can't believe the trap is empty!
How about an inexpensive "Trail cam".
I bought one at Walmart back when I was trying to determine what cat was crapping in my dog house.

Google big toad poop images and look at the size of that poop. Some of it looks exactly like mine (or the toads)
The cam's a good idea, and we just got a Walmart! 2 nights now, no trap, and no poop. Maybe the trap and moth balls scared him to my neighbors. I can only pray....
Mike, Crap does not hurt you. Maybe cat crap does, but, this poop just smell kinda odd, not disagreeable....I pick up Sulcata poop bare handed all the time...A shovel is not always close....
Nothing I like better than a man with a weak stomach....tee hee, I'll make you gag when you least expect it Mike....

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maggie Cummings

Chased a rather large possum this evening out of my yard, I got to hit him twice with a stick. He was very familiar with my yard. I hope he hurts enough to stay away. I chased him clear up the street, he didn't waddle very fast....So as usual I am wrong, it's a possum. Maybe that is why Bob is sick.
He came back as I started this so I chased him again, only he was faster and not as fat. We must be loaded with the damn things...

OK YVONNE, IT WAS AND IS A POSSUM.....I APOLOGIZE FOR ALWAYS BEING WRONG OR NOT ALWAYS BELIEVING YOU, i'M SORRY