Big Toad poop in Sulcata's water

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Opossum that sure is something. Stop running them down a shoot them .

M

Maggie Cummings

I almost made an unfortunate mistake.....

ZEROPILOT.... YOU WERE CORRECT AND I CERTAINLY WAS WRONG. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT QUITE BELIEVING YOU.
Last night I chased 3 different possums at different times. At 11:30 or so, bare footed I chased this one who was extremely familiar with my yard. He heads for Bob's shed, up by the doggie door, over the cinderblocks and I thought he would squeeze between the chainlink and the shed. It's dark, I am barefooted in a short bathrobe, no bra. Dangerous times...so I look over the blocks in the dark to make sure he's gone like I thought. Then I realized he had been too fat to get between the fence and the shed, so his face as I was bending over in the dark was 4 inches from mine. Yipes! So I was already bending over, I hit him with one of my boobs, and he ran, so I chased him thru my tort pens, then he squeezed thru the gate, so I chase him up the street, get a good whack on his back, then this b**** is hollering "don't kill it", no, just kill her, and a car almost ran me down so I unquietly slithered home, and 20 minutes later it was almost a repeat, another one, I chased and hit him he hiss and ran. So I set the trap with stinky cat food. Tonight I'm trying old fish, I saw him look at the cage and back up. So tonight it's fish and a tarp....

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It totally would've been fall on the floor laughing if it bit your booby .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You've heard the saying "playing 'possum"? Well, usually an opossum will play dead when faced with a situation like you've described. Be sure to pick up all food that may be drawing them into your yard. They are omnivores and will eat just about anything. If you have time each night, take your broom and sweep out all of Bob's swimming pool so it's dry.

I think I'd much rather have a giant toad than germy 'possum.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
If you don't have a gun hit it with a hoe. Maybe you can chop it up. Her one of those large pronged rakes. Even I could probably hit opossum with of those rates

M

Maggie Cummings

Shoot the little things

Christ, with what, Bob's urine in a water pistol??? Little??? The first one was as big as my 17 pound cat, the next smaller, the third a good 20 pounds, send me a Glock 9 and I'll fix them and the 'coons too.

M

Maggie Cummings

Bob is pretty sick, there will be no more updates.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Christ, with what, Bob's urine in a water pistol??? Little??? The first one was as big as my 17 pound cat, the next smaller, the third a good 20 pounds, send me a Glock 9 and I'll fix them and the 'coons too.
See if one of your neighbors have a pellet gun

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I almost made an unfortunate mistake.....

ZEROPILOT.... YOU WERE CORRECT AND I CERTAINLY WAS WRONG. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT QUITE BELIEVING YOU.
Last night I chased 3 different possums at different times. At 11:30 or so, bare footed I chased this one who was extremely familiar with my yard. He heads for Bob's shed, up by the doggie door, over the cinderblocks and I thought he would squeeze between the chainlink and the shed. It's dark, I am barefooted in a short bathrobe, no bra. Dangerous times...so I look over the blocks in the dark to make sure he's gone like I thought. Then I realized he had been too fat to get between the fence and the shed, so his face as I was bending over in the dark was 4 inches from mine. Yipes! So I was already bending over, I hit him with one of my boobs, and he ran, so I chased him thru my tort pens, then he squeezed thru the gate, so I chase him up the street, get a good whack on his back, then this b**** is hollering "don't kill it", no, just kill her, and a car almost ran me down so I unquietly slithered home, and 20 minutes later it was almost a repeat, another one, I chased and hit him he hiss and ran. So I set the trap with stinky cat food. Tonight I'm trying old fish, I saw him look at the cage and back up. So tonight it's fish and a tarp....

You hit a opossum with your boob?? ... That's a new one!

I hope Bob starts feeling better soon!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Maggie the Great boob hunter ! Haha