Bill still isn’t eating!!

Hanksmom89

Location (City and/or State)
Wayne MI
Bill has been home for 2 days and seems to be doing well. The only concern I have now is he still isn’t eating. Is this normal? Still adjusting mayby? Not comfortable yet? I watched his eat 3 days in a row at the pet shop. Im there almost every day. I’m pretty sure he is healthy so I’m hoping he’s just taking more time to adjust. He came to my voice this morning after his soak. And diddnt go back in his shell when I want giving him little pets. He seemed to actually like me for the first time!! I almost missed my sons bus because he was just looking at me and coming towards me 😍 I could have stayed there all day just talking to him.

Attachments

• 2290FAEB-615F-453A-BAB4-D032C10A942F.jpeg
    2290FAEB-615F-453A-BAB4-D032C10A942F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Two days is not unusual. Give him time to relax, destress, and get settled in. Meanwhile, make sure his enclosure is correct.

Congratulations!

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Were you able to get the humidity up from 45%?
Replace the substrate with Moist orchid Bark, and verify the temp's?
Being a reptile owner, I'm sure your aware that they need warmth to help digest their food...
Crossing my fingers for you and Bill!🤞
🤞

Hanksmom89

Wayne MI
Were you able to get the humidity up from 45%?
Replace the substrate with Moist orchid Bark, and verify the temp's?
Being a reptile owner, I'm sure your aware that they need warmth to help digest their food...
Crossing my fingers for you and Bill!🤞
🤞
Yes! Thank you! I changed out his substrate and it’s been holding strong and 70 or above. When my husband comes home at 4 am he checks it for me and it’s still holds 🥰

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
HE ATE!!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 He nibbled and is coming to the sound of my voice!! He’s coming around and my tortious dreams are coming true
Oh, good!
How big is Bill, did the pet shop give you an idea of his age?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Oh, and one other thing, the plastic rimmed water bowl you have is not good, You need to get like a 6' or 8" unglazed Terra Cotta Clay Saucer. Bury it in the substrate, they are much easier to get in and out of when drinking or soaking.👍
😉

MaNaAk

Southend
Two days is not unusual. Give him time to relax, destress, and get settled in. Meanwhile, make sure his enclosure is correct.

Congratulations!
Awww! I would imagine it's like my Greek tortoises who need at least a week of good weather after hibernation before they start eating again and then I normally give them tomatoes and fleshy food. Be careful about too much fruit but otherwise Bill's a lucky boy. How old is he?

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
The pet shop do not know and probably don't want to.
How's Bill now? My two Greek tortoises, Jacky and Daisy, were grazing yesterday. I believe that you can tell their ages by the lines on my shell. Jacky and Daisy are about 86 and 79 but the vet couldn't tell for sure because they are adults. I just know that mum had Jacky when she was eight and she was already quite big. She had Daisy the following year and she was quite small.

MaNaAk