Bird seeds for sully’s

Reptilony

Location (City and/or State)
QC, CAN
Are all these plants safe to feed to a sully? It would be great to use since it’s available in every walmart and pretty cheap. Your toughts?IMG_1303.jpg

Hippytort

10 Year Member!
Southern CA
Commercial bird seed is usually treated so it won't grow. Maybe some of the cheaper stuff will grow.

Hippytort

10 Year Member!
Southern CA
I throw my wifes old bird seed hulls and seeds out into an area of my pen.
Many plants grow from them.
My tortoises eat most of those plants.
I may stand corrected then. I have a feeder in my yard and I mostly feed squirrels though lol. They end up making quite a mess kicking out all the seed. It never grows though. I was told that the seed is made sterile to prevent nuisance plants.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
I showed in another thread this mix that is only good stuff because the picture I showed in this one show flax in the ingredients which is bad for torts says tortoisetable and I know it grows very well because I’ve already tried it multiple times. I also found a way to have a large qty of grass seeds that is suited for my climate by buying seeds for horse foraging so made to be eaten, you choose multiple mix depending on where you live and show all the seeds they put in the mix.IMG_1315.jpgIMG_1314.jpgIMG_1316.jpgIMG_1317.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I may stand corrected then. I have a feeder in my yard and I mostly feed squirrels though lol. They end up making quite a mess kicking out all the seed. It never grows though. I was told that the seed is made sterile to prevent nuisance plants.
I actually have a funny story about birdseed in bird feeders.
I had tried to grow sunflowers for a while. But they never did very well.
My wifes outside bird feeders had been disappearing and one day I watched a raccoon run off with one in his teeth. So I followed him into a clearing.
There were our missing bird feeders, laying broken. And nearby a tall stand of corn growing and several giant sunflower plants.
The raccoons are better farmers than I am.