Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So is anyone going to brave the weather, the crowds, and the madness, for any deals? If so here and what? For the record I will be warm in my bed.

M

Maggie Cummings

I will be warm on my couch...

I think that it is stupid to be so brainwashed by the media.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
My wifes talking about going to toys R us at 10 tonight...not this kid,my couch,57" of HD football,and some more pie.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am visiting my mother in law in Las Vegas. We will go out shopping, but not for the early bird deals. I want to check out an outlet mall and her husband works at Sports Chalet so she gets a discount so I want to go there also. BTW~It is freezing in Vegas YUCK!

RianSeeking

5 Year Member
Spokane, Washington
Pfft. Freezing in Vegas.

I am going to Target, but not for the deals, but because my son's birthday is Monday and tomorrow is the only day I have free to shop. Drat.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I know a girl who goes to the States every year to Black Fridays. It must be crazy at the border, there must be so much people going to the US.

B K

5 Year Member
We did it last year it was fun but never again. Spent too much $ leave the credit cards at home.

TashaR

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I went last year to get a GPS, and I was thinking about passing this year....but the deals Macy's has on down comforters might drag me out of my house.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
If anything I'll just shop online- I have found AWESOME deals in the past.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I think people are ridiculous during non - holiday times, you won't see me in any store during the next month.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I never buy presents for anyone anymore. Everyone gets a gift card or a Master Card gift card. I hate shopping in the crowded stores at Christmas time. All my kids, and grand kids love to have the Master Card and buy what they want. Only one grand daughter wanted Uggs, and I bought them from Zappos last week....I'm done.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Ok so I think I'm the only crazy one here. My husband and I started at 10:30pm last night and went to Toys R Us. There were probably about 800 people in line so we went to WalMart. It was literally freezing cold outside and we weren't about to wait in that line. We shopped at WalMart until about 12:30- mostly waiting around until the deals came out at 12:01. After WalMart we went back to Toys R Us and shopped. Then we came home and slept for a couple of hours. We woke up and went to Home Depot at 5am , Old Navy, Kohl's, Starbucks, the mall, back to Walmart-round 2, Chick-Fil A, Walgreens and finally got home around 9:30am. I'm so tired. But we got most of Christmas taken care of. :)

laura808 said:
I might go if I have time. :p

Laura- you cracked me up! I thought I was the only one who said "Cool Beans!" :D

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Jenni, If I didn't know any better I'ld swear you where my wife!..She did the exact thing,minus the husband be put thru the absolute torture of having to go shopping.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
zzzdanz said:
Jenni, If I didn't know any better I'ld swear you where my wife!..She did the exact thing,minus the husband be put thru the absolute torture of having to go shopping.

He started out being willing and then didn't want to wait in the lines he knew would be there. I'm a little more patient waiting in lines. He was up at the front by the piles when WalMart did the countdown and uncovered the piles. That part I'm a little bit less willing to do. People are crazy!!!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Ebay is my guilty pleasure anyway...so why not do my Christmas shopping there, too! I've already dropped $165 on 12 items that would have totalled better than $900 in the stores...how's that for savings! And some of the toys I got my 5 year old aren't even available anymore! BTW, picked up a Powersun 160 for 19 and change shipped...Aladar should be quite cozy this winter;)

Status
Not open for further replies.