Blake’s exotic animal ranch, blue tort?

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Addis, LA
I’m sad because it has no defense and it’s in tiny enclosure and with much bigger clutch mate [emoji20]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Lawd, @ Tom or someone way more experienced than me reach out to Blake and school him on separating that sweet baby!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This guy needs to learn a whole lot. Sad he's producing so many pyramided tortoises. You can see the start of it in all those little ones. He doesn't even recognize bullying. That blue/purple/deformed one was too scared to boldly walk up too the food. Notice how quickly the one eating heads towards him. Not likely the blue one will survive if this guy don't get some care education.
Btw, N2TORTS/Jeff produced a couple Redfoot of the same blue, Jeff called it purple, coloring but his wasn't deformed.
Anyone know this guy see if you can get him educated on proper care and diet.
Breeding for years doesn't mean your doing it right.

Last edited:

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Ugh, this poor baby tort is really beautiful, if someone more educated than me will give advice, I’ll go after Blake, I work for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and I want to make a positive difference in not only lives of our members but everyone. NO I do not work in marking or medical area, I’m in operations of ancillary products; however I want to help!!!

drew54

Indiana
He reads the comments, so why doesn't someone direct him to this forum? I will try to when I get a chance and if I'm able to I'll update the thread.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He reads the comments, so why doesn't someone direct him to this forum? I will try to when I get a chance and if I'm able to I'll update the thread.
I'm confused. He's a member of tfo? What's his user name? @Yeetster is this the owner of the torts in the video?

JAveroff

Sunrise, Fl
Not a big fan of this guy. He lives not too far from me and had a fire a couple months ago. Seemed more concerned with the loss of his "property" (i.e. the animals that perished) and replacing it. Than learning from it and making sure he doesnt lose animals to a fire again.

drew54

Indiana
Not a big fan of this guy. He lives not too far from me and had a fire a couple months ago. Seemed more concerned with the loss of his "property" (i.e. the animals that perished) and replacing it. Than learning from it and making sure he doesnt lose animals to a fire again.
I think most people on YouTube or social media in general have that sort of mentality. Especially if it creates a large following. It's like commercial pet stores. They really don't give a damn about the animals overall well-being. They only care that the animals are healthy long enough to be sold so they can restock. I see that mentality a lot in these new web series/youtube videos Such as this guy.

Gabriel Mattei

5 Year Member
Thailand
He is a really nice guy but he needs to improve in his husbandry; if you see how he keeps his pancake tortoise, spider tortoise, radiateds, stars and Galapagos hatchlings it will make you realize how little knowledge he has on caring for advanced species. He keeps them on dry coco fibre in open air enclosures and they are already starting to get some 'pyramiding' on them, from what I can see in videos. As that blue sulcata tortoise goes, it is definitely a genetic defect that shouldn't be 'prized' in any way, you can see that it struggles to eat, move and drink. He is a nice guy but he has a LOT more to learn instead of just buying and buying and buying. I still cannot get over his spider tortoise setup and how bland all his hatchling enclosures are. He seriously needs to have a better understanding of the tortoises he keeps especially when he has a large fan base so he can educate them properly.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Being in FL a lot of people think they don't need to add humidity, being such a humid state. But, I have seen just as many pyramided in FL as any place else. They probably don't need to do a closed chamber but a damp substrate and a humid hide would do wonders with natural sunlight for uvb.

drew54

Indiana
So I tried to message him but I was unable to. I don't have Facebook but his page is Blake's reptile ranch for anyone who would like to reach out.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Nature can certainly be pretty awesome at times. Wonder what he'd value it at for a selling price?

Emily Contreras

Arizona
can someone take this poor baby away from him already? He said in the video that they do better by themselves.. Yet still has babies together..