Blood python

Status
Not open for further replies.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
I was wondering if anyone here in TFO knew anything about Bloods. I know to go CB, and know the debatable stigma on aggression. Care tips? Any good places to go to dig up some info? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I had some a long while ago. Blacks, Borneo, and Sumatran. They do need it humid. I found they really like to burrow but not in dense substrate. Sphagnum moss got 2 birds with one stone when I had them. Kept the humidity up when sprayed, and offered a loose substrate for them to burrow. CBB is definitely the best option. I dealt with many WC. Some would eat no problem, and some would not. All the WC specimens were very aggressive at defensive reasons. Ounce picked up and kept calm they wouldn't bite. That much ha. Fantastic snakes.

Probably my favorite snakes I dealt with around those regions (well kinda in the regions) Solomon Island tree boas. Best snakes I ever dealt with, they are super small, kinda tricky to breed, but just beautiful and have wonderful personalities.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
Well thank you! I have done a LOT of homework on different snake species. I was hoping to keep an animal that has strict challenging needs. I am in LOVE with bloods, although any Boa wins my heart, and they look absolutely STUNNING in a well thought out enclosure. There is something about those Short-Tailed pythons though- so plump and girthy, lol. And the colors! I have read from numerous writings that they really like to be kept at a specific temp gradient with specific humidity- 78-88F with 60-70% humidity. A bit more "sensitive" than the ball, to my understanding. Nonetheless, I will continue my research until I feel confident enough with my knowledge to be able to keep one properly. I plan to get a snug enclosure set up today fit for a young animal. Kelly, I will take your advice with the sphagnum. I do plan on handling and taming, as this is recommended especially with this species from what I have been reading. Jeez this is too exciting :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.