Blue Tongue Skinks Care Sheet

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
For anyone who has any interest in Blue Tongue Skinks, this is a FANTASTIC website. Its like buying a really good current book on the subject and its FREE. This site answers everything about everything blue tongue skink related. The pictures are amazing and the info is obviously based on years of first hand experience. Top notch for sure.

If you already have more pets than you want or you don't want to like a new species and have to get into it, don't go here:

http://bluetongueskinks.net/care.htm

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I've been a member of the forum for years, Tom. Great people. Great care sheet. And of course, one of my all time favorite lizards.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Tom said:
I didn't even know it was a forum. I just found the care sheet.

Yeah, there are forums. Great people there. Lots of bluey lovers of course.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I've been carefully steering clear of the care sheet section. And the BTS forums, actually. Because I don't need any more temptation to get a bluey! Lol! (I want one BADLY, just need to find the space... money... And motivation to have to mess with an omnivorous diet again.)

I am on the forums, but I only post in the off topic/other skinks forum right now. Very friendly and helpful folks on that forum. (Especially to forgive me of the gross transgression of not having a BTS... yet. Heh) :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Taylor, you do know that I'm in the process of cooling and assembling 4 unsexed adult northerns for breeding RIGHT now, don't you? I'm a little late in the season, but I should be able to get a good 4-6 weeks of cooling in before the warm weather really returns. If all goes well, there might be some available babies in summer this year...

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Oh geez, Tom. My ears perked at that....lol.

I have no problem with the omnivorous diet. The blue tongue diet is very similar to the box turtle diet. So I just prepare the same thing for both. Plus, my bluey is a "senior" and only eats once a week anyway. I always wonder why everyone goes crazy for beardies over blue tongues. I've had my blue tongue for 14 years now (and he was an adult at that time) and never a health problem in the least in all that time.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Say what now? Ooo. Maybe I can solve the space problem by summer...

(Oh, Lisa, I sent you a PM a little while ago--not sure if you got it yet. :) )

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Oh yeah, I did get it. Sorry I haven't responded. I got a suspected diagnosis of GI lymphoma on my cat last week. I have been spending the last week coaxing him to eat, giving him prenisone, and cleaning up vomit. Things have been crazy. I will send you a reply.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
lisa127 said:
Oh yeah, I did get it. Sorry I haven't responded. I got a suspected diagnosis of GI lymphoma on my cat last week. I have been spending the last week coaxing him to eat, giving him prenisone, and cleaning up vomit. Things have been crazy. I will send you a reply.

So sorry to hear that!! :( I hope he begins to feel better. Lymphoma is not the most optimistic diagnosis, is it... Anyway, no rush. Just wanted to be sure you got it, in case it didn't go through.